Apr

Rally The Last Peterborough Show April 2023 (1 Viewer)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Has anyone got any TV stations at Peterborough
I had some issues signal showing green on amplifier no matter what direction so maybe signal a bit strong and bouncing off everything. When I lived in Suffolk, you could see the Cornard transmitter out of the lounge And TV was hopeless. Great over the other side of the house even without an aerial. Still a bit gribbly but better with the amplifier turned down to about 2/3. Might not help but it seemed to work for me

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
PSA...
Best prices for diesel (if you need a fill)
Screenshot_20230420-183858_PetrolPrices_copy_600x1233.jpg

The Esso access would be quite tight.
No LPG AFAIK but the Flogas depot is quite near the Sainsbury's.

Mar 2, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Since Dec 2017
Help!!! At Peterborough show and hab battery array showing 60% on our Benimar. 1st time off EHU using. We have not had anything on- literally, no lights, cooked on gas, fridge on gas, no telly, only used water pump twice, hidden waste heater button definitely off as taped off. 2 new platinum AGM plus 100AH batteries fitted in February this year by local motorhome/caravan service guy. Solar shows orange light to say charging Worried if it continues overnight we will have 2 discharged batteries by morning. Anyone any ideas or am I worrying needlessly?

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Help!!! At Peterborough show and hab battery array showing 60% on our Benimar. 1st time off EHU using. We have not had anything on- literally, no lights, cooked on gas, fridge on gas, no telly, only used water pump twice, hidden waste heater button definitely off as taped off. 2 new platinum AGM plus 100AH batteries fitted in February this year by local motorhome/caravan service guy. Solar shows orange light to say charging Worried if it continues overnight we will have 2 discharged batteries by morning. Anyone any ideas or am I worrying needlessly?

Not familiar with the benimar or the system it uses but some control panels need to be calibrated against the batteries. So after having battery change maybe that needs doing and your getting a false reading. only a guess.
If you don't have one then a multimeter will be a good investment tomorrow at the show. 👍

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Where are you on the field? I have a clamp meter so at least can see if there is current flowing that shouldn't.

Apr 6, 2019
Eye, Peterborough, UK
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
FourWinds Windsport 6.8L V10
Have you got a multimeter? Turn everything off for 10 mimutes and measure battery voltage directly. Then you can look up on a table. 12.8V typically full to brim. 12.2V very low. Your display may need calibration

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 2, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Since Dec 2017
Not familiar with the benimar or the system it uses but some control panels need to be calibrated against the batteries. So after having battery change maybe that needs doing and your getting a false reading. only a guess.
If you don't have one then a multimeter will be a good investment tomorrow at the show. 👍
I should add that we have previously done 3 nights off grid in the summer on a single battery with no real drain hence my worry.

Mar 2, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Since Dec 2017
Where are you on the field? I have a clamp meter so at least can see if there is current flowing that shouldn't.
Thanks, We are beside the track that runs parallel to the back entrance road where everyone is being turned back. Happy to come and meet you?

Mar 2, 2019
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 286
Exp
Since Dec 2017
Have you got a multimeter? Turn everything off for 10 mimutes and measure battery voltage directly. Then you can look up on a table. 12.8V typically full to brim. 12.2V very low. Your display may need calibration
No multi meter yet!

Oct 8, 2014
Todmorden
Funster No
MH
Compactline 143
Exp
I'm a newbie and always will be. You never know it all.
Afraid we definitely won't make it today, so don't wait about may not make it at all this weekend.

Noticed a bad water leak behind the shower, long story short, if Carlsberg made Cathargo's they'd make sure you had access to the pipwork without cutting great chunks out of the bathroom units.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
1 hour for any latecomers.

We are doing our best to get people parked up but it's getting increasingly difficult to get people to the drier ground. There is a lot of rough ground that is unsuitable. Anyone hoping to be on hardstanding, be prepared to be disappointed as there is none.

Everyone's shoes will get dirty.

Could anyone deciding not to come, would you please start a conversation with me, Kannon Fodda, toledo, or Lee Fryer with your surname so we are not sat around waiting for you.

Many thanks.

Your Marshall's

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Gates shut. Last one is in for tonight.

Sleep tight all.
And you*

*Not an attendee but can still appreciate all the hard work you marshalls put in.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back