lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Yes does sound like your having a goodtime keep the info coming though as im off to Garda in July for the first time.

Gerry

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
2. Malcesini ( mal chase eeny ) was billed as "prettiest town on Garda"

Then HE smiled on us. We took the cable car from the centre of Malcesini 6000 feet to the top of the nearby mountain. Oh boy was that something, for a start from HOT to ffffffFreeing cold above the snow line then the VIEWS, top to bottom of Garda and beyond, maybe into Austrie since it's not that fat. Plenty of of food and drink at the top. Long walks up there or you could join the nutters who take their mountain bikes up. €18 return ticket.

When we went to Mancesini in 2003 the weather was terrible, cold in the town and snow at the top of the mountain, (sister in law went up cable car) but really enjoyed the town, so picturesque.

hope your all having FUN and not too much vino!! save some for us

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Everyone hope you are all having a great time, we hope to see you either late Friday or Saturday, hope the weather is better than it is here in Fussen 7 deg and its still raining, its been raining all the way down from Luxemburg albeit it was warmer in Luxemburg at 9:30 this morning,

Great views through the rain at the snow covered mountains, thought it would have all gone by now hope we don't need snow chains as I left them at home.

What is the weather like at Garda

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Hi,

Everyone hope you are all having a great time, we hope to see you either late Friday or Saturday, hope the weather is better than it is here in Fussen 7 deg and its still raining, its been raining all the way down from Luxemburg albeit it was warmer in Luxemburg at 9:30 this morning,

Great views through the rain at the snow covered mountains, thought it would have all gone by now hope we don't need snow chains as I left them at home.

What is the weather like at Garda

About 24 today 34 in the van plenty of sunshine proper job. Going to go down and join the rest of the funsters in a mo for the nightly get together.

Hurry up before the sun runs out:ROFLMAO:

Pat4Neil

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Essex
Funster No
MH
Mercedes
Exp
7 years
You behave yourself Mr Diabalo, but Hazel go ahead and have fun.

Glad you got there okay and the weather has warmed up.

Next week we should be heading down that way, if all goes well. (Still not decided, leaving it to the wire).

Say hello to everyone.

Pat

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hot. You don't know what hot is if you're not here right now. Too hot to type.So I'll stop.

Did Verona today. OK I suppose. Colluseum very much better even if in need of repair.

Italian Job nearly finished, no-one has said out loud it wasn't worth the effort. Without doubt in my mind Peschiere del Garda is THE place to stop. Butterfly is top rate but one of many sites here if it's full.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hi Brian coming down to camping butterfly in 10 days can you tell me what the camping prices are please enjoy the rest of your trip happy travels Rod:Cool:

I think we are on €15 or 17 with ACSI. Don't know when the changes, you'd best look them up on their web site.

They are turning poeple away a lot but there's plenty more sites.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Wish we were with you.

Weather in London was 25 degrees today.

Italy is fab place glad you are all having a pleasant time.

Love to you all xxxxx

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Safe to come home now Guys!............26 deg c today and 28 tomorrow:winky:

camping Forenella best site on lake Garda no contest:thumb:

unfortunately I dont fink its ACSI discount though......

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Great to meet you both. Hope you found your naturist beach in the South of FRance.

Still hot here & very crowded. Area round the lake is excellent & Brian from Clitheroe went via Verona on the way home from Malcesine last night!! Forgot to get off the bus.

Anyone coming here should really think about a reservation if they will accept one as people are being turned away all the time.

I got all those spare you recommended.

Also found some good rotgut - 5L for £3.

Love to Jan - stay safe

Bill & Shirl:winky:

yeah got to agree the first night and the second night the drink was copious and hangovers plenty :wine::wine:

must admit we aint been to fartes yet, we thought it was the after effects of the wine the night before.

and as far as the other half chilling out in the sunshine wot you trying to say bri, there was only me and pat, you trying to say we are the other half of the big group.....diet time here we come

Apr 27, 2009
Departed Cabopino in Oct 17
Funster No
MH
Dakota
Exp
Fulltiming from 2010- 2017
Well, we are all alone at Camping Butterfly. Dane & Hazel left this morning for one of the smaller lakes. The Only Sue is in Luxembourg on her way home & 4 vans are in Florence including Clitheroe Brian - we think. JD is in Siena.

Garda is still sunny. 31 degs today - about the same at blighty we hear. Its that Tory-ish government!:RollEyes:

Been to Malcesine today. Lovely little town with a great castle & a cable car to the top of Mt Baldo for superbe views. Well worth the visit despite previous comments.

Off to Bologna on Monday.

Pat & Jan - WHERE ARE YOU NOW??::bigsmile:

Bill & Shirl

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The Italian Job is dead, long live the Slovenjan Job.

Well maybe.

We are currenty just south of Venice, next stop Trieste and Slovenja.

I felt the need for soming more adventurous then Pisa. Watch this space.

All going their separate ways now.

I think the aims of The Italian Job have been fulfilled - many people now infected by Italy and a knowledge that getting there is easy.

Job finished off nicely by the excellent billkce team that satisfied the need for those who needed to party and drink, and then some, late into the night. Oh boy did they drink, way beyond my capabilities.

NEXT !!

weekenders

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 30, 2008
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
15 years
Well maybe.

Hi Brian

Pop into my cousins in Trieste, and have a vino for me, wish we were there!!

not long now for our trip, still not sure where we will end up.
safe journey

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Well maybe.
NEXT !!

Italy fights back......

It was to be a one nighter but then I had a cycle around and 3 days later..

Chioggi - the Italian's Venice. It's at the bottom of the lagoon, it's only a three canal town but so much character. Load of hotels, the place Italians would holiday in and a sosta right in the middle of town which we didn't use because we used ACSI to find Miramare which is a €15 night deal spotlessly clean and well maintained.

The spooky bit was seeing a man running down the main street in a kilt. It turned out a couple from Glasgow were getting married there. Talk of the town.

So I looked at the calendar and realised Slovenja was going to be a hopeless rush so we'll spend a bit of time in Switzerland instead.

If our new masters get it right then there's always next year.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi from Diano Marina

Hi all

Staging Lady and ourselves had a good time at Pisa. Camping Torre Pendente provided us with good pitches and superb washroom facilities. The site does not accept ACSI cards, but on production of the ACSI book we were given a 20% discount, I am still trying to work that one out. The Leaning Tower along with the adjoining Cathedral and Doumo put the attractions of Florence to shame, they were simply spectacular and were only a short walk from the site. Whilst at Pisa we took a day trip by train to Lucca an old Tuscan town with plenty to see, it was well worth the visit. We are now at the Sosta Oasi,at Diano Marina, a seaside town north of San Remo. It is an Italian holiday period and there are about 200 vans here. We intend to stay here for a week and pay visits to San Remo and Monte Carlo. The Italian Job will then be complete for us, as they say " the job was a good'un ". Staging Lady will be heading north into France and then back to Good Old Blighty. Pam and I are heading south towards Narbonne and Carcasson before making our way sloooowly back home.

Brisey (Brian & Pam)

acdcdave

Deceased RIP
Oct 23, 2008
Funster No
Thanks to Hilldweller who made us realise how easy it is to get to Italy and for helping us get there and about easily and safely.:Smile:

We have had a great time with all the funsters in Pieschiera and in Florence. Now Brisey and the three of us have had a relaxing week by the sea in a sosta full of friendly Italian families. Our neighbour treated us today to his home pressed red wine. Wow! :wine:

Thanks to Brisey and Pam for being such good company. You are the best!

Brisey is going through France and we are going through the Aosta valley to Lake Geneva and Thonon Les Bains for a couple of days. Good cheap site with ACSI book. Then onto Epernay to get some champers before reality in the sense of housework returns!

Italy has been great and we will do the trip again in the not distant future. Thanks to all the funsters on the trip for your good company and advice.
Lucille, Dave, Fiona.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Home

And sorry to be here :-(

So we did Chioggi and then I thought "Compare Maggiore to Garda coz we've never done Maggiore by MH.". There is an amazing difference in character, Maggiore has less "cute" small towns and bigger resort type towns. Good but different.

Then I fancied some hills, so up the Simplon Pass, and up, and up and up. Proper job hills. Oh boy can Switzerland do hills. I had earmarked a site just south of M on the Lac Leman but when we got there I didn't fancy it and wandered along the lake to stop on a site between Evian and Thonon. I've never seen Evian before, where the French posh folk have been going for a long time. One night's thought and it was find some more hills so back along the lake heading roughly for Interlaken.

So we ended up just outside Les Moses, 4000 feet up, in a campsite consisting of an old caravan office and an old Portakabin toilet block, immaculately clean, in a small cutting in a pine forest. We had high hopes of violent star gazing but instead it rained. At least we were treated to the cows with bells.

Pondering the map I saw Rheinfall, I remember someone in here giving it a good report so oft we go. Oh boy. It turns out May in Switzerland is "dig up the road month". Maps, GPS just forget them and try to survive. We were forced down back streets inches off overhanging balconies. We made it just. Then we hit Gstaad. Even more road works. At one point it looked like we were destined to wander it's back streets and pedestrian areas for all eternity. We got out more by luck then anything and headed for Rheinfall.

Now whoever posted it, Thanks, it's quite a site. Proper MH carpark with toilets, shower, dumps, immaculate of course, for Sf10 per night. Lots of shots of the falls, day and night.

That let to "OK let's head for Bopard, not done that by MH. No campsite in Bopard so we stopped in St Goan 15k before. Right on the banks of the Rhein in a steep valley. Awsome. The Rhein is so entertaining. It also never sleeps and there is a railway both sides so very noisy. But it was so good for cycling and so entertaining we stopped for 3 nights. Day 3 we cycled 15K to Bopard and got a boat back, shades of Garda. I'm just too good to 'er indoors.

Then we left about 10 Sunday morning and arrived home 2 O'clock Monday morning, 1000K none stop !

Sad to be back. The first half was good, lots of people fell in love with Italy and we tidied up unfinished business with Garda. The second half was brilliant because it's what MH and FUN is all about "That sounds a good idea, let's do it". In fact just what Patrick and Jan have done all along.

I'd forgotten just how awesome Switzerland is. One pass I chose had the MH climbing at 20mph for half an hour in second gear. Some views ! Down the other side despite using second gear we had some *steaming* brakes.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Get your Italian Job pictures here:

Link Removed

And deposit some too.

Many more to follow, I've 4.5GB of them.

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Get your Italian Job pictures here:

Link Removed

A load more now.

Anyone got more ? Just click the UPLOAD on the top right of the gallery form.

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Well, we are all alone at Camping Butterfly. Dane & Hazel left this morning for one of the smaller lakes. The Only Sue is in Luxembourg on her way home & 4 vans are in Florence including Clitheroe Brian - we think. JD is in Siena.

Garda is still sunny. 31 degs today - about the same at blighty we hear. Its that Tory-ish government!:RollEyes:

Been to Malcesine today. Lovely little town with a great castle & a cable car to the top of Mt Baldo for superbe views. Well worth the visit despite previous comments.

Off to Bologna on Monday.

Pat & Jan - WHERE ARE YOU NOW??::bigsmile:

Bill & Shirl

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"><meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"><meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 11"><link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CUSER%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="City"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Verdana; panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:536871559 0 0 0 415 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0cm; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:72.0pt 90.0pt 72.0pt 90.0pt; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Hi to you both,<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
We are back in the <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">uk</st1:place></st1:country-region>, and yes, it has rained what seems like none stop since we got back. We were booked on the 11 30pm calis to <st1:city w:st="on">Dover</st1:city> on Sat 29<sup>th</sup> but got to <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dover</st1:place></st1:city> on the Friday night. We went and found some parking at <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Dunkirk</st1:place></st1:city> and watched the small ships celebrate. The parking was getting so hectic we decided to move over to Calais for the day, as we pulled in to the Airs Pat noticed a Hymer “that’s the same model I used to have” as we got closer he said “that is my old Hymer” we hooked up with the couple who had bought it back in September last year (they were the couple we told you about getting there van and everything in it stolen in Rome) They had been out in it since and were on there way back to uk to get some jobs done and an MOT then back out for another year.<o:p></o:p>
We got an earlier boat back and made it as far as <st1:city w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Oxford</st1:place></st1:city>, needed to sleep then. The rest of the journey up home was ok but wet and windy Boo Hoo!<o:p></o:p>
We are now planning a 6 month trip starting about March 2011 Yippee!<o:p></o:p>
We are glad everything is working well with your motor home! Bet you loved the peace and quiet when everyone had left you…then missed some of the laughs and company. <o:p></o:p>
Have you got your dongle and internet sorted out yet????<o:p></o:p>
We were going to go to Stratford but we had so much to catch up on with family and house jobs we thought it would be to hectic, we are going to the bring & buy meet later this month.<o:p></o:p>
We were wondering how the Clithero Kid had got on, glad he made it alone and built his confidence up…wonder if he will do it again on his own next time?<o:p></o:p>
Jan still has the end to post but she’s not had much time to type it all out since getting home. She’s thinking of posting the whole thing in one go and just leaving a gap from what has been done so people who have followed the thread can skip the rest.<o:p></o:p>
Well that’s all for now folks!<o:p></o:p>
Keep in touch and we would really like to meet up with you both again in the future!<o:p></o:p>
Love hugs and kisses from us both……….we are jealous as hell your still out there and were back in the cold wet, grey <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">UK</st1:place></st1:country-region><o:p></o:p>
Pat & Jan:thumb:<o:p></o:p>

cyclingdoglucy

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
lancashire
Funster No
MH
retired vehicle
Exp
retired 4 months
clit heroe kid

We were wondering how the Clithero Kid had got on, glad he made it alone and built his confidence up…wonder if he will do it again on his own next time?<?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:p></O:p>

he was last seen joining the french foreign legion ?:RollEyes::thumb:

chrisboyo

Free Member
Aug 5, 2009
Newport South Wales
Funster No
MH
Autosleepers Sussex Duo
Exp
5 + 30 years a tugger
Just got home, had to come back a few days early as lizzies mum has passed away.

Fantastic trip, Italy is defo going on the list for another visit
All those stories we heard about Italian drivers made us a bit weary, but we had nothing to worry about, when we were out on our bikes they were fine, much better than in the UK
It seems the trick is. to be positive, signal your intention and do it, same goes for crossing the road at zebra crossings or when driving.
We saw some super sights, Luzern( in the rain), Garda, Venice, Florence,
Lake Maggiori (stunning), Simplon Pass, Lac Leman etc ect and not to forget our side trip the Fararri museum at Marinnello and so much more.
Whats more, we met up with Funsters from all over the place, had a great time.
I am now suffering from a bad case of Bardolino deprevation!:ROFLMAO:
If you are thinking about a trip to Italy or France just do it, you wont regret it
We were away just under 5 weeks and overal cost was approx £1700.00
Only spent one night on an aire ,Calaise, and eat out quite a few time as well

Our Family asked us to buy loads of Bardolino
We did, but we drank it all
Happy Daze and heres to the next one
Chrisboyo:thumb::ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:
Oops, almost forgot to say thanks to Brian and Dinah for setting the wheels in motion

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Lake Maggiori (stunning), Simplon Pass, Lac Leman etc ect

We did just that. Overdosed on lakes and finished the job off on a river.

I was very surprised by the Italian drivers, they certainly were not on form. In fact drivers everywhere were slow and cautious, a sign of the time I guess. Massive increase in speed cameras everywhere since our last visit.

You're infected now. If you didn't do the Borromeo Islands and Villa Taranto on Maggiore then you've unfinished business there. Then further south, Rome, Pompeii and Amalfi are unforgettable. If you were impressed with Verona, the Coliseum, even if broken is so much more impressive, the sheer bulk of it and the underground passages where they prepared the "acts".

Now upload some pictures to the meet album, the link is a few messages above. Did they allow pics in Ferrari ?

Glad you enjoyed it. So are the good vine growers of Bardolino.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi all
Glad to hear that the Funsters have arrived home safe and sound from the Italian Job. We left Staging Lady at Diano Marina last Sunday. They are heading back up through France on their way home, we have received a few text messages from them and all is well. Pam and I travelled along the Med. coast to Cavalaire Sur Mer near to St Tropez and spent a few days there before heading inland on our journey back to Calais. First stop was Avignon for a few days, a nice city and well worth the visit. Then on to Millau, had hoped to drive over the bridge but it was closed due to high winds. We then visited Souillac before moving on this morning to Parc Verger near Limoge. We had a couple of surprises today, we started off the day with a flat battery. Don't know what caused it to go down, but we managed to get going after setting of the alarm and waking up 25 French motorhomers in the process. The next surprise was meeting Papa Smurf here at Parc Verger, all is well with him. On Monday we are going to visit the Martyrs Village at Oradour sur Glane we willthen head north to Parc de Fuy. Needless to say we are having lots of FUN,will be back home at the end of June.
Brisey (Brian & Pam)

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Needless to say we are having lots of FUN
Brisey (Brian & Pam)

Too much damned FUN. Spending all your money over there when the good Mr Cameron is trying to save this sinking ship.

Disgrace.

DISGRACE.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Who is this Mr Cameron you speak of, I don't think I know of him.:whatthe:

It has always been my intention to grow old disgracefully, I think I am suceeding.

Ciao,::bigsmile: Arrivederci, ::bigsmile: Au revoir::bigsmile: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

staging lady

Free Member
Nov 12, 2007
North Wales in the Hills
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 years but caravan owner in past
We arrived home this afternoon after a fantastic time!
We were sad to say bye to Brian and Pam in Diano Marina. We went on through the Aosta valley to the Mont Blanc tunnel. Fabulous views of the mountains and glaciers. We went onto Camping Saint Disdille outside Thonon Les Bains. This 3 star site is an Acsi one. The pitches are spacious,there is hot water for washing clothes and dishes and showers- all included in the price. There is a well stocked supermarket with magazines and Casino food products.

Outside to the left a 30 yard walk through a public park of sweet chestnut trees leads to the stone and shingle beach and Lake Leman, where you can get beach snacks and hire pedalos. To the right there is a huge nature reserve. A dedicated cycle track takes you to the harbour. A bus takes you to Thonon every 30 minutes.

Then onto Langres instead of our usual stop at Beaune. This 3 star campsite in a village near Langres, was a busy one with many Dutch MHomers using it for overnight stops. The pitches at the front were crowded and our girl started to skid on the grass as it had been raining, so went to the quieter pitches at the rear. There was a good restaurant but no shop and you would need to take the MH for any supplies except bread.

Then onto Champagne country around Epernay to stock up for a friends reunion in August.
Finally onto the 5 am boat this morning for a lovely calm crossing and trip up to Wales.

Dave ,Fiona and I would like to thank Hilldweller and Dinah for giving us the opportunity to go to Italy and to them and all the other people on the trip, Chris Boyo and Liz, Brisey and Pam,Cycling dog Lucyand Julie ,Billkce and Carol, The onlySue, JD and Pat, Patrick and Jan, Diabolo and Hazel for the fun we had with all of you
Lucille

OP
OP
hilldweller

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
We were sad to say bye to Brian and Pam in Diano Marina.

That was the moment in time when they qualified as full paid up FUNsters. And they proved this by working their way up France. Simples. Now Europe is at their feet.

Glad you enjoyed it, well how on earth could you have failed to :)

See you in Wrebury.

Look back up the tread to the album address and post some of your pics in the Italian Job album.

We just showed a neighbour the pics and he's itching to go.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back