The grill that squeeks

Discussion in 'Fridges & Ovens' started by RidersofRohan, Sep 13, 2016.

1. RidersofRohan

RidersofRohan Funster

Thetford Caprice mark 3

I have finally tracked down the budgie that squeeks constantly as we are driving along. It is the back plate of the grill.
    IMG_0341.JPG
    By pressing on the middle of the back plate I can make the noise but how the hell do I stop it??
    Anyone managed it or any ideas please.

2. Stealaway

Stealaway Funster

With out screwing a strengthener corner to corner, try stuffing the oven gloves behind the grill pan.

3. Mikey RV

Mikey RV Funster

Turn the radio up. (y)

4. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

We've previously wedged a little scouring sponge in for travelling... but you MUST remember to take it out before lighting up!! Worked a treat for silencing the squeak.

5. RidersofRohan

RidersofRohan Funster

Interesting. How is it wedged? It feels like the back panel is making the noise by being too flimsy and flexing in the middle.
    The earlier suggestion of a stretcher plate is good except I am a little nervous about screwing through it into whatever is at the back of it. I am told it is a void but would be nice to know.
    A non invasive (but flammable) alternative might be to wedge something as you say but what against?

6. mikebeaches

mikebeaches Funster

Not sure if our 'noise' was exactly the same as yours - it was in our previous van. But it was the burner rubbing/moving against the surrounding cabinet that made the noise, and we could just push a clean scouring sponge in and it quietened things right down. Maybe slightly different issue on your van?