The Grand Van Plan is Go!

Discussion in 'Full Timers' started by Travelling Artist, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Travelling Artist

Travelling Artist Read Only Funster

Hello!

I am new to these forums, and am about to embark on my dream of many years, solo fulltiming in my converted panel van! The conversion should be finished in a couple of weeks an then I will be moving into my van and starting a whole new, far more mobile, chapter in my life.

I will continue to work part time in my day job and part time as an artist, an am so excited that after years of dreaming, planning and researching, my perfect van and home is nearly here!

I'd love to hear from any other van fans in Cornwall :)

2. Carol

Carol Funster Life Member

Hello and welcome to Motorhome Fun, seems like you have a change of life style and adventure ahead of you good Best Wishes and I hope it all goes well, we have some very very experienced full time vanners on here who I am sure would give you any advice you need, just ask, and let us know how you get on. The one thing I would say is the £10 you pay to join motorhome fun will be a sound investment and pay you back over and over again. :Smile:

3. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

:welcome: to the Fun and good luck, you'll have a different canvas every day. :thumb:

4. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Hi and welcome to fun

5. Travelling Artist

Thanks for the welcomes, I will subscribe and will definitely become a regular on here I am sure.

Yes, I am certainly on the brink of a big change, I have been doing some life rearranging of late, and am very happy that the key ingredient has come good and I will be living more the life I am made for. Hurray! :)

6. chrismacgowan

chrismacgowan Read Only Funster

The Grand Van Plan

All the very best to you. All of us using this forum are by definition dedicated to the cause and love motor homing in pretty much all its forms so I know what a great time you will have. I am writing from New Zealand right now and just love the freedom motorhomes can deliver. One interesting contradiction which by far not everyone will agree with is that in my experience the more planning you do the more flexibility and freedom you enjoy. You might imagine that just getting up in the morning and disappearing over the horizon is the be all and end all and although some do that and love it I like to build in alternatives and fall backs so that I can indeed be free.

A good example arose recently where bad weather mucked up my journey in Spain back to Santander and almost without thinking I spent a few days wandering in the Pyrenees because I had a skeleton plan with me and came home three days later without inconvenience having had a bonus stress free break.

Whatever and however you do it; enjoy!!!!

Christopher

7. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Welcome to the forum,

We have a new MHFun sister site specifically for those who are, or planning to fulltime. http://www.motorhome365.com/

Good luck with your plans, exciting times ahead ! :Smile:

8. Landy lover

Landy lover Funster

Welcome from us and as a fulltimer you should also look at www.Motorhome365.com as that is a site dedicated to fulltimers and is a sister site to this one.

9. JJ

JJ Funster

Welcome to the Fun... Enjoy!

JJ

Iveco Dailys are excellent vans... been in mine ten years now... :Wink: :Wink: :Wink:

10. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

Hi and welcome to the fun, from another in the West Country. I shall be holding a Rally at Ilfracombe for the start of Victorian week in June, then another in August. I hope you can make it to one of them. It will be a good chance to meet some other funsters. Once you have subscribed don't forget we have a Chatroom. I look forward to a longer chat.
    Happy travels.:thumb:

11. Terry

Terry Funster

Hi & welcome :thumb: Hope you enjoy your new found freedom :BigGrin: Any pics of your conversion ?
    terry

12. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Hope everything works out for you, best of luck! We're from Cornwall, but, we havn't a Van, we got an old A Class, there's a few of us here in Gods Little Acre, belonging to this site.

Fair and following Winds with you new life!

13. Travelling Artist

Thanks for that, I will be in London at the beginning of June, but will remember the August rally and make it if I can. Whichever way it happens, I look forward to meeting others in the not too distant future. I will log into the chat room still, it's great to have others who also want to talk about motorhomes etc for hours - what a treat! :)

14. Travelling Artist

I will get some pictures on here as soon as I can, the conversion is very nearly finished, just waiting a weather delayed window delivery. It is looking amazing though, and Jon at Marlin Conversions is doing a fantastic job. I can't wait till it's all finished and I can show it off and more importantly get out and enjoy the sound of rain on the roof - one of the many things I am looking forward to.

15. Travelling Artist

Thanks for your message, I love the Iveco Dailys, their look, height off the ground, and I have heard lot of good reports about them as base vehicles. I am often surprised how few of them are converted compared to other panel vans, but for me this is the one, and seeing how many contractors etc use them for fleet vehicles I am confident I have got an excellent workhorse for many years to come.

16. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

:welcomefunster::driving2:

17. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

HI and welcome:thumb::thumb: