The Final Straw---- Camping & Caravanning Club! (1 Viewer)

Ber090

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 12, 2012
West Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2012
(n)This Club of which we have been members for 14 years has something called " Winter Holiday Sites" These are not " Rallies" just sites that the Club book pitches on and then sell to Members. They have for the first time booked pitches on a Spanish site we stayed on last year and loved. The site had opened a new extension last year which was 10 times better than the old part of the site. This is the part the C & CC have booked. I was told I would need to book through the Club if I wanted one of these pitches in Feb or March.
Imagine my shock to be told by the Club that it would cost me a £75 booking fee even for 1 night! So if I book 1 night it is £11,95 plus £75. IfI book for 7 nights it is ££73 plus £75.

This is "Too encourage members to book return ferry travel through the Club" I asked if I booked single travel with them would I pay £75? Yes was the answer. I asked if they could sell me frequent traveller on Eurotunnel? No they said.
I suggested that this was very shady practice and seriously reduced freedom of members to tour.
I find it appalling that the Club will have empty pitches and members who would like to use them but would be crazy to pay the price. The Club made a comment that they spent lots of time negotiating special prices. I had to inform them that they have negotiated the same price as you and I could get- just by asking!
Many folk on the C & CC forum were amazed but as usual this Club will bury its head in the sand!
Renewal for us? No Chance.
Annoyed Bernie(n)

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
That has upset lots of people and like you say if you book yourself you can get the same or a better deal. We are booked on a site in Portugal they use, we are paying slightly less, to be fair the exchange rate was worse when they set their prices.

Just to show you how organised they are, I phoned them last October to request my membership which was due for renewal to be changed to Veteran, the girl said fine that's all done we will send you some new cards or you can keep the existing ones. Last Friday a letter in the post asking for proof of age and once received they would update my membership, I checked our accounts they have not even taken the DD payment yet.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve devon

Free Member
Sep 7, 2014
North devon
Funster No
MH
Adria sonic supreme
Exp
Since 2015
very sorry got it all wrong please disregard my last post, can't be bothered to convert prices,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Another example of an organisation "shooting itself in the foot". I can see that charging NON members a Booking fee (although 75quid seems steep even so) but why it`s OWN members?. They USED to charge for the Foreign sites book. BUT you got the price REFUNDED if you booked. And back then you did make savings over the "Site" Rate too.

It`s a bit like the 3night minimum at weekends on some sites too. Daft if you are "touring", you go somewhere else!!.

Pete

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back