The end of diesel? (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Some years back we were told Petrol knackers the ozone layer so we must use diesel.

Strangely diesel fuel rocketed in price..

Now we are told diesel is the new devil fuel and the particles emitted can irritate some people..

So do we knacker the whole planet or risk irritating some people???

As for going into cities where ridiculous charges will be applied well I don't want to go anyway. Least of all in our MH..

The people I feel for are the shop keepers in cities . Many now shop out of town on retail parks or on the Internet . So that's why so many shops on so many towns and cities are either closed or used as charity shops who pay no rates.

Let's face it the goons who govern will pass any bullshit through the media in order to extract more money in charges environmental or otherwise..

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Reading Sunday Times, and other recent news articles.

By 2020 most bit cities will be banning diesel cars by 2020 due to No2 pollution and other stuff.

I don't like the idea that I am personally killing innocent pedestrians by driving my van around, but what am I to do?

Are really all mass murderers? Are all our vans going to be worthless in 5 years time? If we can buy a van then, how will it be powered?

Would be interested to know your expert views.

No , won't happen. Might ban from city centres but that would just be a money -making excercise. It wasn't many years back that they pedestrianised city centres & only allowed in the buses. Many of which didn't used to be tested for emissions.

Many thousands of motorhomes were deemed obsolete throughout the different stages of the London emission zone. Anyone living within the zone had to move or change their vans or be fined hundreds of pounds to use them.
I can see this being introduced throughout the UK in the next few years so yes your motorhome could become unsaleable.

What has always fascinated me, & actually works in my favour (y), is exemptions in the LEZone. What is that all about ? Why is a motorhome, under 2,5tonnes running on diesel acceptable ?

When I see diesel Black Cabs banned in London, I'll stop using my Diesel car there.

Not going to happen!

Not in my lifetime!

:cooler:

Exactly !

Well, they are Diesel engines, after all. Prefer to keep my warranty valid, though........
Don't put bio in then : Most manufacturers never used to allow it or specifically forbade it.
I used bio from a shell supplier here which blocked the diesel filter within 8000kms.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
No doubt we will all have to retro fit containers for AddBlue to clean up our dirty life threatening spawn of the devil derv burners or be taxed eye watering amounts of money. :mad:

Charlie

Free Member
May 16, 2015
Herefordshire / Worcestershire borders .
Funster No
MH
Auto Sleeper Kemerton.
Exp
Im a newbie
Even the most up to date vans will run on all sorts of crap providing it ( the fuel ) is prep'd properly !

Modern common rail diesels require the right quality fuels to not only burn cleanly to help reduce clogging the DPFs but also to properly lubricate the delicate seals in the very high pressure pumps.

Not doing this could result in simply huge bills.... (y)(y)

Bio diesel is disastrous for these later diesels.

My understanding is under European rules 5% of diesel must be Bio. There were plans to increase the content to 10%. Car manufacturers fought this stating it would severely endanger (Knacker) the expensive fuel pumps and components in most diesel systems.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back