The Black Hole of Amiens!! (1 Viewer)

Wurn

Free Member
May 25, 2009
Essex
Funster No
Hi all, think I have found a crack in the space time continuem. I programmed the Parc des Cygnes into my Snooper 7000 using the preprogrammed ACSI link, but when I tried to set it I was told I was unable to go there! I programmed it manually with the same result.I can get to about half a mile away before this happens.If I set the Snooper to Car it will get there.But the other strange thing is that when you check the site out on Google Earth it is there on the aerial view but when you go to street view the whole local area is messed up...do do do do........do do do do...am I about to enter the Twilight Zone? Is this where motor homes go to die??
Cheers Paul.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
A16 exit 20 for Ameins Nord onto the bypass then exit 40 ameins longpre

4 miles north of Amiens. Leave Rocarde Nord at junction 40. At roundabouts follow signs for Amiens Longpré then two international signs for campsite, after second sign for campsite the entrance is immediately on right.

Have a look at this site, it has downloadable pois for campsites in europe and is very accurate, I have used Archies files for years he covers acsi, camping cheques sites plus sites near main routes etc and you can download in most formats

Link Removed

OP
OP
W

Wurn

Free Member
May 25, 2009
Essex
Funster No
I phoned Snooper about this and he tried as well with the same result as I expected.Although there is not a problem finding the site he was perplexed as well especially when he tried Google Earth too which put the site in the centre of Amiens on a fourth class road!!And street view nowhere near it!:ROFLMAO: So one of lifes little mysteries

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I've found the odd occasion when the snooper says it can't take you to some sites. I just assumed there was no 'truck' roads there so it assumed it wasn't possible to go there. One reason why I have a TomTom as well, which usually has the internal site roads on it as well so can take you to a particular pitch (though possibly up a cyclepath:ROFLMAO:)

May 8, 2010
South Wales
Funster No
MH
RollerTeam T-Line785
Exp
since 2009
The black hole of Amiens

We were in Amiens on Thursday 28th April ie. on Thursday to visit the vet for the dogs to come back and the whole Garmin Sat Nav didn't have Amiens on it at all - so spooky to read this.:Eeek: Everywhere else was on her and fine :Angry:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
wwas at this site earlier this week

I used my Snooper 7000 to stay at this site earlier this week. I looked up the sat details in my ACIS book and entered them and it took me directly to the site.

Was it worth it! no.. how did it every get a 4 star rating is past me. Very basic compared with the 2 star in Neufchatel (recommended site).. we used the usual vets in Amiens ..euros 29 for our St Bernard Ezzie.

The site is in clusters and bewared do not try driving between one cluster and the next other than by the road.. there is a hidden ditch between each cluster of parking areas. There is limited electric, although it is 16 amps.. but campers were joining electric leads to extensions to reach from one area to another.. We had two such leads on our pitch ..one from a French van and the other from a British van.. no respect for pitches and as we had the nearest electric pole and there leads were short they just run them across the pitch.

As you can see not impressed with the site. Next time I will go on to Guines near Calais which is much nicer and has plenty of electric poles.

Going back to the Snooper.. we found it took us off even direct routes.. very interesting Orleans at 2 a.m. found some very small side streets when we really wanted to be on the N20.. we did cross it over and under.. but after a very wide detour we did get back on the right road... euros 3.80 tolls from the South of France all the way home.. got caught at Clermont-Ferrand.. one very short junction. The Snooper 7000 lags at junctions, but it is no better or worse than my Pioneer or Garmin Street Pilot (very long in the tooth now).

The snooper is fair for its cost, but they could do better in my book.. would I buy it again.. doubtful.

Bob:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back