The best awning for my van (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2007
suffolk
Funster No
MH
Trigano tribute hi top
Exp
since August 2009
I have a Tribute 650 high top camper van and I'm going to Spain for 3 months in March 2016. I did a similar trip this year and found a shortage of sleeping and storage space whilst away with my partner.I am considering buying a drive away awning so any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I don't have one but looked at the inflatable types, and they looked really good but expensive

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We have the vango Airbeam very quick to erect and even quicker to take down, they do 2 heights 1 for campervan and 1 for coach built. Ours has stood up to high winds in Benidorm 2 years running.

John.

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We've got the Kampa 260 air pro. It's much simpler and a million times quicker to erect and dismantle than a pole based version. Looks better too imho. Costs a bit more but it's simplicity means it's really worth it.
Plenty of other posts on this awning on here with a search. Also they do two different heights.. important to get the correct one (I didn't at first)

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We have the vango Airbeam very quick to erect and even quicker to take down, they do 2 heights 1 for campervan and 1 for coach built. Ours has stood up to high winds in Benidorm 2 years running.
John.

We've got the Kampa 260 air pro. It's much simpler and a million times quicker to erect and dismantle than a pole based version. Looks better too imho. Costs a bit more but it's simplicity means it's really worth it
Plenty of other posts on this awning on here with a search. Also they do two different heights.. important to get the correct one (I didn't at first)

Good advice on both postings, we have the Kampa 260 Air Pro and are very pleased with it.
Brisey.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I have a Tribute 650 high top camper van and I'm going to Spain for 3 months in March 2016. I did a similar trip this year and found a shortage of sleeping and storage space whilst away with my partner.I am considering buying a drive away awning so any help and advice would be much appreciated.
Not sure if it's of interest but I have a drive away awning for sale here:

http://melsstuffforsale.yolasite.com/awnings-and-outdoor.php

One thing to watch out for is the width of the awning so that you can get your sliding door open.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
They do take up more space for sure. But putting them up and taking them down is easy and extremely fast.
We can put a standard frame one up quicker than a blow-up one ... really we can! Lots of experience with putting up tents (as well as awnings) has made us super duper putter-uppers!!!

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
We too have been putting up tents and awnings for years. Our current awning goes up much quicker than its equivalent framed version.
Sounds like a challenge :xcool:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We can put a standard frame one up quicker than a blow-up one ... really we can! Lots of experience with putting up tents (as well as awnings) has made us super duper putter-uppers!!!

colour coded polls help

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
3 min 30 sec ... from switching the camera on to up ... just the pegging out to do.(which will be similar on both)

Zilevets

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2015
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B704 A Class P/Line
Exp
Saw a couple put a camper air awning up couple weeks ago at Knaresborough site really quick but no arguing between them, looked smart too.

Liz

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back