Rally Chat That Dammed Illusive New Forest Meet (1 Viewer)

swanseajack13

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 19, 2013
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
3 years
I would like to know what it is as each day I learn about life ,I have time this weekend to have you two learned English men to tell me what it is like to be English as a proud WELSH MAN thank the LORD ABOVE that I was born in the land of WALES and I will endeavour as a guest of two old men @Popeye and @cliffandger to understand the cross the bear ray xx lol still lol I think you are secret closeted WELSH men that have not come out yet

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Popeye really upset .. loaded van and frozen food etc .. started engine and .. fridge dead as dodo.

Because I going straight to Debs but then to baby grandaughter for several weeks living in van... I have to get it sorted so unless someone responds to my post in technical and mechanical I am snookered .. so may not be able to attend meet. :(

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
We are absolutely GUTTED but we are not going to be able to attend.

For the last 3 weeks or so I have been suffering with a trapped nerve in my shoulder - very painful. Been to Docs and Physio and am on pain killers and muscle relaxants. Hoped it would be cleared up enough to drive by now, but sadly not. Tried driving the car for the first time for 3 weeks and was in absolute agony within the first 3 miles!! So no chance with a trip to the New Forest in the motorhome I am afraid.

We were both looking forward to catching up with so many friends at this meeting especially as it is the last one of the year and we probably won't see you again until the spring. Now really disappointed. All we can do is to wish you all a good meet, hope you have a good Christmas and hope to see you all again in the new year.

Peter & Angela

PS. Please ignore any suggestion from @Popeye that I have got a better offer of a rally on the dark side. I know it is Halloween but I am still not that brave. :D

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008

For the last 3 weeks or so I have been suffering with a trapped nerve in my shoulder - very painful. Been to Docs and Physio and am on pain killers and muscle relaxants. Hoped it would be cleared up enough to drive by now, but sadly not. Tried driving the car for the first time for 3 weeks and was in absolute agony within the first 3 miles!! So no chance with a trip to the New Forest in the motorhome I am afraid.

We were both looking forward to catching up with so many friends at this meeting especially as it is the last one of the year and we probably won't see you again until the spring. Now really disappointed. All we can do is to wish you all a good meet, hope you have a good Christmas and hope to see you all again in the new year.

Peter & Angela

PS. Please ignore any suggestion from @Popeye that I have got a better offer of a rally on the dark side. I know it is Halloween but I am still not that brave. :D

There were two reasons.....

1) in danger of having to use up some of your drink supply:whistle:
2) the mankini vampire outfit was too big and it was too late to get another :eek:

P.S. get well soon Peter...... nerve pain is agonising; you cannot escape it.:(

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)

Peter & Angela

Sorry to hear this Peter, I was looking forward to seeing you both again.
Rest that shoulder and get well soon. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Nov 6, 2013
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B574DL
Exp
Since 2011 (tugger for 20 before that)
I would like to know what it is as each day I learn about life ,I have time this weekend to have you two learned English men to tell me what it is like to be English as a proud WELSH MAN thank the LORD ABOVE that I was born in the land of WALES and I will endeavour as a guest of two old men @Popeye and @cliffandger to understand the cross the bear ray xx lol still lol I think you are secret closeted WELSH men that have not come out yet
This might help Jack
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_auction

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
It has become clear that there has been a misunderstanding with regards to the cost of the pitches. Please be aware that the fee on top of the deposit you have paid is £37.50 (plus £5 per night for ehu) and Popeye has had to pay this fee upfront.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
It has become clear that there has been a misunderstanding with regards to the cost of the pitches. Please be aware that the fee on top of the deposit you have paid is £37.50 (plus £5 per night for ehu) and Popeye has had to pay this fee upfront.
Does that mean that people who are only staying two nights have to pay for three?

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
Th
IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Thank him kindly for paying for me, most unexpected. .lols

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Does that mean that people who are only staying two nights have to pay for three?
The problem is that the meet was always for 3 nights. Way back when the thread first started it was advertised as such.

I full admit that the way I have been listing the prices has been miss leading people by the per night fees. This is my fault and I can only apologise for this.

Popeye did post a week or so ago that he has had to pay upfront.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
The problem is that the meet was always for 3 nights. Way back when the thread first started it was advertised as such.

I full admit that the way I have been listing the prices has been miss leading people by the per night fees. This is my fault and I can only apologise for this.

Popeye did post a week or so ago that he has had to pay upfront.
No problems Sandra - just wanted to be sure I'd understood correctly.
Thanks for clarifying

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
I feel a little mean asking folk to pay the full price but I have folks like Joy and Peter unable to come and they've offered to pay even though they won't be there.
I think when we have the quiz and the raffle and the rum tasting you'll see how much we have put into this and how much we are trying to raise for the three good causes.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
I feel a little mean asking folk to pay the full price but I have folks like Joy and Peter unable to come and they've offered to pay even though they won't be there.
I think when we have the quiz and the raffle and the rum tasting you'll see how much we have put into this and how much we are trying to raise for the three good causes.
Sorry Popeye
There's a 'technical' problem with the Rum tasting

OP
OP
Popeye

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

Certainly not you Robert, I think your generosity is obvious to all and if not then I will point out to all that you have donated the rum we will consume in our rum tasting. That will raise so much for one very deserving cause. Thank you very much and if those that wish to enjoy the delights of this tasting would be as generous then I shall be very pleased.

The marquee is almost finished. We will complete it in daylight tomorrow and attempt to set up a table or two for tomorrow's cheese and wine.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
At least people leaving Sunday havnt got to rush away. I am arriving around 7pm is I'm afraid can't get away from work :mad: will be leaving Sunday late afternoon e.arly eve.
That's a good point. People can stay as late as they like on Sunday because they are paying the full £37.50. That's a other headache off my list! :clap2:::bigsmile:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
@Popeye - I honestly don't have an issue with the cost of attendance, and nobody else should either
£37.50 for 3 nights is great value for money.

On a more serious note, there is a little 'issue' with the Rum tasting.

There's no rum left!

The 'decent' stuff I ordered arrived as planned, so I decided to have a little taste test, just to be sure it was up to the required standard.

Anyway, I had just a little sip.........

And this morning I woke up with a throbbing head and all the bottles were empty.

But its Ok Griff - no need for anyone to worry.... My headache is totally better!

Do you think anyone would notice if I refill the posh Rum bottles with some cheap Cider from Aldi?
Maybe we could keep this a little secret - just between me and you?

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
@Popeye - I honestly don't have an issue with the cost of attendance, and nobody else should either
£37.50 for 3 nights is great value for money.

On a more serious note, there is a little 'issue' with the Rum tasting.

There's no rum left!

The 'decent' stuff I ordered arrived as planned, so I decided to have a little taste test, just to be sure it was up to the required standard.

Anyway, I had just a little sip.........

And this morning I woke up with a throbbing head and all the bottles were empty.

But its Ok Griff - no need for anyone to worry.... My headache is totally better!

Do you think anyone would notice if I refill the posh Rum bottles with some cheap Cider from Aldi?
Maybe we could keep this a little secret - just between me and you?
Why not? If you drank @cruiser 's scotch you would see that it is common practise. Of course, I would never do that with my own gin/malt/rum........... (unless cruiser is around, then it is fair game ;))

P.S. Time it so that everyone has "pre-loaded" and nobody would notice. Can't remember who gave me that tip. It may have been Popeye.......

Cotswoldiver

Free Member
Sep 2, 2016
Beenham
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Broadway El D
Exp
newbie with MH, 9 years with VW Camper
Not only is it our first rally meet, it's our first w'end away in what we affectionately call our white blob or bus on a good day - but it is less white now. Great value for the weekend, it would cost you that just for a visit & tasting at Bombay Sapphire!
Looking forward to meet a whole bunch of new folk especially now that I've found how to solve no internal power in the Broadway

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Did Joy @movan make it there ?.... hope so

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!