Free Member
Feb 23, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Besscarr E540
Exp
Since 2016
I have a battery problem that looks the sams as many others, about switching the control button over to the vehicle battery, in the book when you winteris the M/H connect upto the mains, turn the charger on turn the control panel off, PSU is on and it only charges the vehicle battery, thats nice and simple, so why is the battery only at 5.7 Volts, battery has got a dead cell, or cherger not working, problem I have twin lesure batteries that read on the display 13.7 Volts, when every thing is powered up, I also have Solar power but still got a dead battery, all the dos and donts are out of the Bessacarr Book. I dont mind if some one can tell me I am still doing some thing wrong, HELP this is driving me crazy. Bob.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I'm not familiar with your motorhome Bob but it sounds to me as if your charger is switched to charging Leisure batteries. I think your cab battery has had it ! But before you go and replace it you need to understand how your charging regime works.

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I just thought I should add that 13.7 V is a float charge which shows your charger is delivering a charge to your leisure batteries. You can establish when the charge is going to your Cab battery with a cheap multimeter.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back