LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Having had a preview of this van, it can hardly be called a selfbuild as we know it. I know its not built to the same exacting standards as JJs black beast, but for Terry to call it a selfbuild is not really giving the correct picture. This van is truly amazing, and built along the same lines as a very high end motorhome. Most of the quality is out of sight such as the all in one inverter charging unit, dual top diesel heater etc. Its refreshing to see someone build something with so much passion for what they are doing. A true craftsman indeed and if I was looking to buy another van I would not hesitate to give Terry the commission. Well done pal, your doing a great job but keep well away from old household doors :D.

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
Saturdays update -we started to get more bits done that we left such a sealing the loo shower and basically bits you don't really see much difference in pics -But did get a surprise when Billy /Julie's hubby brought me the passenger seat over making me promise to cover it before we do any work in the van ;):DJust thought I would post the pics before I jump in the bath and shoot over to Goole for a few hours
terry
Very nice, max will be happy:D

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Very nice, max will be happy:D
I can see it's time for Max to get some serious training -If Ann were alive he would not dare to get up any furniture, so perhaps it's time for soft old touch to toughen up a bit and teach him where he used to lie -IE his bed on the floor :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just had a shuftie at the photos of the white doors - they just don't work - it made the van look like a mobile kitchen! When we bought our previous van, an Autocruise Accent, we got the 2012 model with wood-effect doors, although we could have got a 2013 model with new white doors but I just couldn't have lived with it.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Todays up date --Paul's put me another reversing camera on so now have one to act as rear view mirror (y)and while he was in a good mood wiring wise I also got him to add some more lights :DWhile I made the gas locker door etc and boxed in some wires in the wardrobe and other bits and bobs -also boxed in the pipes in the shower below the sink (have to leave while another day for glue to set then we can seal it against water -The drivers seat is also fitted to match the passenger seat (y)
Copied a Idea of Ralph & Bevs van and fitted a drip strip hopefully to stop water dripping into van when it opens and took advantage of Pauls good mood and got him to stick some led lights under it ;):D-He did not moan once about no wires been there :D:D:D(he is after something)He is making me wary -not like him not to have a moan at me :LOL:
terry

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Forgot to put pics on yesterday so here they are
terry

P1030523.JPG
P1030524.JPG
P1030525.JPG

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Looks great Terry . Definitely coming along now.
Btw our drip strip came with the led's attached already? And it works too. Even though we were told it wouldn't. So we're glad we bought it.
What does the HB stand for Terry , Ralph thinks it's home brew ;) But he would .....
He's finished doing the over head doors in the rear lounge this weekend. Next step the corian, Ralph's nemesis ! See you , max and your van at Misterton. X

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
boy oh boy. are you two going to be busy,, showing us all your great looking vans. really looking forward to it.. see you at Misserton.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Looking great Terry like the seats, don't forget the cushions :D

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
HB has been on all vans for last 9 year's stands for mine and Paul's surnames put on by mad mick who does the graphics HB autocampers (y) That is unless you ask Julie who loves to tell Paul it's HB for her surname:cry::cry:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
HB has been on all vans for last 9 year's stands for mine and Paul's surnames put on by mad mick who does the graphics HB autocampers (y) That is unless you ask Julie who loves to tell Paul it's HB for her surname:cry::cry:

Or HB for head banging..... what you do when one of your "good ideas" doesn't work. :) :)

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Update --Yesterday I finally got a day's work on the van(y)-done a couple of odd hours over the last couple of weeks but nothing to report or photograph -Anyway back to yesterday I got my mate Colin to give me a hand taking the front seats out and laying the finished flooring down in the van -Colin used to be a carpet fitter :);)so when I found out he was not working yesterday I jumped on him to come help me (y):DBetween us all the flooring is now done- carpet to the front and vinyl plank in the rear(y) so all that's left to do is a couple of light switches and the Doors if I ever get them back PICS to follow later -Today I am making a start on Paul's van insulating it .Will start another Self build thread on Paul's van
terry

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
are you still taking it to Misterton, really want to see it again. and you of course. and we are hoping to see Ralf-Bev self build as well. so see you on Friday.

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
are you still taking it to Misterton, really want to see it again. and you of course. and we are hoping to see Ralf-Bev self build as well. so see you on Friday.
Yes Mike will be getting to Misterton around T time poss staying the night then coming home to work on Paul's van or mine if I get doors -back for sat night leave early-ish Sunday morning to work on either van ;) back T time ish Sunday for the night or at least that's the very fluid plan :D
PICS SHOWING THE OVERHEAD LOCKER AND TV /CARPET/FLOOR -boxing seats bases in later along with fitting a microwave -Nothing major left once doors are on
terry
P1030533.JPG
P1030534.JPG
P1030535.JPG
P1030536.JPG
P1030537.JPG

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Julie says I have got to change the back doors trim to grey :notworthy2::doh:
... and put windows in ... it looks like the black hole of Calcutta :rolleyes:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Julie says I have got to change the back doors trim to grey :notworthy2::doh:
I think so too Terry, it would match the rest of the colour scheme better. Bx
It's looking great though. See you at Misterton.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back