Tanker strike in France - - -- AGAIN (1 Viewer)

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Just been chatting to my ex pat friends and apparently from tomorrow there is due to be a strike by drivers of Hazardous Loads
Diesel Petrol
Chemicals
Gas
etc

so if it pans out as usual there will be no fuel at the pumps by Monday

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Just been chatting to my ex pat friends and apparently from tomorrow there is due to be a strike by drivers of Hazardous Loads
Diesel Petrol
Chemicals
Gas
etc

I can't find any news reports about this, have your friends got a link?

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Discussed on another thread yesterday, Daily Mail running a rerun from 2002, little or nothing found in French newspapers or on the news....

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
The CGT (Confédération générale du travail) has called a strike, involving drivers of hazardous materials (fuel, gas, chemicals etc.), starting 25/05/2017. This will affect supplies to service stations who have on average three days stock of fuel.
The reason for the strike being called by the union is to draw attention to the fact that hazardous goods drivers are only paid €9.73 an hour despite having to have special qualifications and training which have to be updated at their cost every 5 years.

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Last edited:
May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
I live in France and i'm sure the local tv/radio stations would have reported it by now but nothing!!
As @DBK states there was fuel shortages at this time last year due to the workers at french refineries striking.

Reactions: DBK
Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Not sure if it's related but filled up at Total access today in Bergues and all the super diesel pumps were out of use and the attendant was also puts out of order signs on unleaded pumps also.
By the way I've found that the Total access has diesel at a good price but not the other Total station like the contact ones.

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Diesel Petrol
Chemicals
Gas
etc

Has this finished or even started ,we are off to France on Saturday and was wondering wether to take some Jerry cans of fuel or not . Any one in France at the moment that can answer my question ?

Last edited:

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Just travelled from the tunnel, filled up a few times, no problems at all. Also think strike is over!
No need for Jerry cans!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Has this finished or even started ,we are off to France on Saturday and was wondering wether to some Jerry cans of fuel or not . Any one in France at the moment that can answer my question ?
I think there never was a strike. I've been in France over the whole period and not seen any problems.
There was a strike at exactly the same time last year and I was caught up in it though it didn't cause much disruption. Such disruption as there was was caused by panic buying emptying the pumps. Links to news stories, which were undated, somehow appeared again recently and nearly caused another panic. :)

Howard H

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 10, 2015
West Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Benimar mileo 294
Thanks @DBK , yes I Got caught in the shortage last year so I was a bit wary for this year but you have set my mind at rest . Thanks

Reactions: DBK
May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
It's getting to the stage in France where they work so little it will be difficult to tell if they are on strike.

OP
OP
Madcaravanner
Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Has this finished or even started ,we are off to France on Saturday and was wondering wether to take some Jerry cans of fuel or not . Any one in France at the moment that can answer my question ?

Yes this has finished

Also through it I can recommend the phone APP Essence as long as you can read French it's great as it kept everything sorted and notified when stations ran out of fuel
also you know wherethe best fuel prices are around you

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back