Free Member
Aug 24, 2010
Ramsey, Isle of man
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Folks,

Been a while since I last posted on here - cutting a long story short, I need a cylinder head for my MH after it froze and burst winter before last. Head has been off all last winter so bores have started to rust - hoping I can recover them to avoid pulling the rest of the engine out !

So, cylinder head for a Talbot 2.5td 1988 ( Hymer ) needed - anyone recommend a good source ?

Thanx !

Andi

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Could be a long shot, but try Breaker Yard.com a try we have used them and found them helpful and efficient.

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Good luck finding a head but there is another, cheaper way that could well work. Did on my Landrover.
Link Removed
several other people have used it and swear by it Stcyr recommended it to me when I was faced with an expencive repair, I now carry it in all of my vehicles.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I think you will find that your engine is not just from the Talbot range but its the Citroen CX turbo diesel engine. If it has two cam belts instead of one its definitely a Citroen CX engine.

OP
OP
A

andi4x4

Free Member
Aug 24, 2010
Ramsey, Isle of man
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Thanks for your replies folks - I will follow up on them !

@Snowbird - I did not have to remove any cam belts to remove the head from this engine - is is a side cam and pushrod design.

I had heard that it may be the same engine found in early Landrover 2.5TDI

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If it has what looks like a cast alloy rocker cover which is rounded as opposed to square and its badged as a Peugeot or Talbot from the mid 80s to the mid 90s its the Citroen CX 2.5 turbo engine. Many think its the Peugeot Talbot engine but like other manufacturers it was borrowed from another group member. Its a good engine if looked after and lots of them about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

andi4x4

Free Member
Aug 24, 2010
Ramsey, Isle of man
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Hi Snowbird -

Yes, it has a rounded rocker cover - not sure what it says on it at the mo ( its in storage away from the house)

The cam belt(s) on the drivers side - waterpump, alternator, pas pump on the other end above the gearbox, and I think ( again can't check at the mo) both exhaust and inlet manifolds are on same side of engine.

It's a 1988 Hymer, so, that all tallies with what you have said -

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
It sounds very much like the CX engine, and as I have said it was a good engine in its day, having a bit more power than the equivalent Fiat lump. The CX was the fastest production diesel car in the world when launched. My FFB which will be for sale shortly has the same engine and will cruise at 70 all day.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back