Table top material is lifting ? (1 Viewer)

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
when we got our Hymer B 680 the "Formica ??" was lifting a little in the centre, it was NOT adhering to the wooden table, I've looked at the edges with a magnifying glass but I can't see any where that I would be able to lift it to re-glue it, any ideas would be greatly appreciated, a friend did say try an iron on it, not sure though ?

Sep 3, 2012
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C Class Elddis 175
Exp
8+ years
Yes use an iron but put some white copier paper between the iron and table .This will remelt the glue between the laminate and the understructure once it is nice and warm add a weight and cool it down-should restick the laminate assuming there was glue there in the first place:xThumb:

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Drill underneath the table very carefully squirt some glue down the hole and then put a heavy weight on it, once dry fill the hole...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2014
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
McLouis Tandy 640+
Exp
Since 2014
Not convinced on the iron trick. The glue used in commercial applications of laminating is usually contact adhesive, which you can't melt!

Smith & Sharp's approach would be the one I'd take - table upside down on a work bench, resting on something like a tea towel over the delaminated area to make sure the pressure applies there, and for the hole I'd use a hand drill for proper control rather than a power drill, with some tape round the drill bit to indicate the depth. It would be quite easy to damage the laminate with a drill bit, it is made of just compressed paper & resin and is very brittle stuff. Glue down the hole - woodworking PVA should do the trick, don't use any of the woodwork ones that foam and expand - and then lots of weight on top of the table for 24 hours - full water carrier from your MH or similar!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back