switches zig unit etc help!

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by mal6186, Jun 8, 2010.

1. mal6186

mal6186 Read Only Funster

just bought 93 autosleeper trident vwt4. Can anybody explain switches for electrics, pump/heating etc on the panel on wall. I am bit confused and have no instructions. There seems to be switch on tap also? Advice appreciated.

2. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

If you could post a picture it may help as there are different zig units xxxx

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

cant help with the control panel but the switches on the taps are micro switches and turn on the water pump when a tap is opened.......thats if they are connected..... some arent as some pumps work differently.

4. mal6186

zig unit confusion

this is it - there are two switches on it and also separate control for heating

Attached Files:

5. Robinhood

Robinhood Read Only Funster

6. mal6186

thank you for that - i'll keep searching on web for zig unit instruction

7. Robinhood

Robinhood Read Only Funster

Can't find it at the moment, though I did find a slightly earlier Trident Manual and Wiring Diagram that might be a bit of help (previous model though :Sad:) at:

http://wiki.club8090.co.uk/index.php/Scanned_T25_Literature_camper_manuals

I had a '92 Trident from new, so memory very rusty but following is what I think (I take no responsibility for poor memory):

If your 'van was fitted with a leisure battery from scratch, and I think they all were by this time (on my previous Autosleeper it was an orderable extra) then you should have a mains charger (Zig DCU3) hidden away in a cupboard somewhere. From memory this was switchable on the unit, and worked fully independently of the control panel.

Factory-fitted water pump was pressure-switched, not micro-switched, so your tap should not be switched unless someone has altered the arrangements.

All the 12v fuses are under the fuse flap. Without a manual/wiring diagram I couldn't say which is which. You might want to test by removing each in turn and finding out what doesn't work.

The Fridge light indicates when the fridge is working on 12v (which it should do only when the engine is running and the switch at the fridge itself is set to 12v).

The LH switch will be the main (leisure circuits) 12v isolator. FWIW, I believe the battery is charged either by the alternator when engine running, or mains charger when that is running, irrespective of the switch position.

The RH switch....hm....logically this can only be the water pump switch. (but if the taps are now micro-switched by subsequent rewiring, see above, then this may have no function).

The socket takes a 12v Din or 'Hella' plug for accessories up to 10amp.

The water gauge is fairly self explanatory. Press the button to read the level, use the Set 'trim' (it turns) to calibrate the high point when full (only necessary once - in theory).

HTH

8. spotsy

spotsy Read Only Funster