Swift Kon Tiki 784 (1 Viewer)

Mar 31, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon Tiki 784
Exp
Been caravanning for years but now ordered my first motorhome
Hi all , I have ordered a new 784 at the February Motorhome show I did a short list of two German and the Kon Tiki but after seeing the Swift my wife and I were impressed also the German company's seemed not to be interested but after reading some of these reports beginning to wonder if I did the right think in buying a Swift.

raysalaugh

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2011
Leyland
Funster No
MH
AT Delaware
Exp
since 2010
sgreeting_welcome_sign_general_100-109.gif

Looks like a nice motorhome you've ordered.
What reports are you referring to?.
There are thousands of happy Swift Kon-tiki owners out there.
Kon-784-nearside-913x548.jpg

OP
OP
Suzukikettle
Mar 31, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon Tiki 784
Exp
a site called
reviews of Swift Motorhomes I agree with you Kon Tiki came highly recommended originally we wanted a Hymer but they are really difficult to get new ones but we were really impressed with the Swift we have ordered it from Brownhills and hoping to get delivery on the 9th of September

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
a site called
reviews of Swift Motorhomes I agree with you Kon Tiki came highly recommended originally we wanted a Hymer but they are really difficult to get new ones but we were really impressed with the Swift we have ordered it from Brownhills and hoping to get delivery on the 9th of September
They way things are with delivery times I wouldn't book any sites or trips until it's on your drive.
Someone posted a few days ago that they were into their second year of promised delivery.

Jul 31, 2019
Devon
Funster No
MH
Swift Bessecar 584
Exp
Since April 2019
Hi all , I have ordered a new 784 at the February Motorhome show I did a short list of two German and the Kon Tiki but after seeing the Swift my wife and I were impressed also the German company's seemed not to be interested but after reading some of these reports beginning to wonder if I did the right think in buying a Swift.
Welcome. We have a Swift Bessacarr 584, our first and now 3 years old but very pleased with it. The Bessecar range I think has now been merged into the Kon-Tiki range and whilst there have been niggling problems, which I think come with most MHomes, overall we like the design, internal layout and look providing most things we want out of a MHome.

We do look at other MHome manufacturers, designs and layouts and keep reassuring ourselves that we've made the right decision.

Hope you enjoy your Swift Kon-Tiki, I am sure you will. Cheers Smudger55

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
w2f

We have had our Kontiki for nearly 7 years, and we are very pleased with it. Its our third Motorhome, and by far the best one so far.We love the roomy layout and have had no trouble with it apart from normal maintenance like leisure battery replacement. You will love yours when you get it,happy travels! 👍

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
You're obviously thinking about the various "reports" of poor quality on "all" Swift motorhomes but in reality this is not accurate. There are thousands of Swift owners, including us, who are very satisfied against the very limited number of "bad-uns" . Remember you only hear of the complaints, not many go onto social media to praise their purchases!
ALL motorhome manufacturers have the occasional problems, but that's true of almost any manufactured article. What really matters is the reputation of the dealer if anything goes wrong. We bought our Bolero from Brownhills 12 years ago, they quickly sorted a very minor problem and it's been perfect for us ever since, bar of course the normal wear and tear issues - 125,000 miles came up last weekend!
We've looked at replacing it but frankly there's nothing on the market that interests us and we see no point in laying out many thousands of pounds just to replace what we've got with a newer model.

tlr200

Free Member
Sep 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
swift
Hi just wondering how things are going with your swift, we ordered the same time as you and from brown hills and should of picked it up on the 5th September but still have no fixed date yet

OP
OP
Suzukikettle
Mar 31, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon Tiki 784
Exp
Hi just wondering how things are going with your swift, we ordered the same time as you and from brown hills and should of picked it up on the 5th September but still have no fixed date yet
Hello mate, ours was ready for delivery this Friday coming the 9th we delayed delivery from July when it was ready until September to catch the new registration and now Brownhills say there is a mark on one of the doors so they waiting for the replacement door which they say they will have shortly must admit Brownhills have been good to us pointing out the faults which they have put right can't blame them as delay is Sifts supplier hope you get yours soon.

tlr200

Free Member
Sep 7, 2022
Funster No
MH
swift
Hello mate, ours was ready for delivery this Friday coming the 9th we delayed delivery from July when it was ready until September to catch the new registration and now Brownhills say there is a mark on one of the doors so they waiting for the replacement door which they say they will have shortly must admit Brownhills have been good to us pointing out the faults which they have put right can't blame them as delay is Sifts supplier hope you get yours soon.
That’s good to hear I pop up brown hills about 4 weeks ago and there was a 784 in the Compound probably yours it had a towbar on it
they have there hands tied by fiat at the moment we Are hoping to get ours by the end of October

OP
OP
Suzukikettle
Mar 31, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon Tiki 784
Exp
Yes mate that's ours we had all the options available for it everyone we tell ours is ready tell us how lucky we are to get it my wife works for a large German manufacture of vans cars and trucks and they are struggling supply new vehicles

Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
Please take a close look before accepting! I picked my 874 up on Monday, not from Brownhills. I'm not looking to knock the Dealer or Sales team who were great, but the build quality is poor, nothing that can't be fixed, but after spending over 100k should I need to be getting my toolbox out?.....

OP
OP
Suzukikettle
Mar 31, 2022
Milton Keynes, UK
Funster No
MH
Kon Tiki 784
Exp
Thanks for that its already had to have the sink changed a door repaired and waiting for a sliding door for the bedroom but Brownhills have been great.

Jan 2, 2021
Castle Donington
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 874
Exp
I'm away in mine for a couple of days this weekend and I expect lots of issues to report and will do so here. A few things so far are flexible Solar panels installed instead of rigid and 4G WIFI instead of 5G promised, I guess supply is not what it was, small problems though which can be overcome

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back