Swift escape 622 tyre pressures

Discussion in 'Swift Motorhomes' started by kglblue, Aug 21, 2014.

1. kglblue

kglblue Funster

I have been given conflicting advice regarding the correct tyre pressures.
    When I bought the van and collected it from the dealer. A swift Escape 622 2010 model, I was advised to put no more than 60 psi front and rear, and to ignore the plate in the van which says 79 psi front and rear.
    However, in the swift Motorhome handbook which came with the van it clearly says 79 psi all round. Can any owner of this van cast any light on the correct pressure.

2. Khizzie

Khizzie Funster

I would like to know this as well .as my 2005 auto cruise stargazer has the same info on door jams ,but dealer reckoned that was too much.however I have followed the stated tyre pressures.roy

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

the 79 psi figure is basically a default maximum. to be correct you need to know the actual axle weights and tyre sizes and look the correct pressure up on a chart. it was in downloads on the forum

the dealer will be using the correct pressure

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mack100

Mack100 Funster

Make a note of your maximum axle weights and contact the tyre manufacturer by email. They will tell you the range of pressures for your particular tyre according to the weights that you load.
    Next load up your MH as you would do when travelling to go away and go to a local authority weighbridge. You will then be able to calculate your correct tyre pressures.
    Sounds like a right faff but as far as I know that's the correct way to do it, I keep all the info in the MH to show police etc. if required.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ber090

Ber090 Funster Life Member

:)Mack100 is absolutely right. For example Michelin responded to my Email quoting front and rear axle weights with 52psi front and 70 psi rear. It seems to feel right.
    Cheers
    Bernie

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheDogMan

TheDogMan Funster

When I had the camping tyres fitted the maximum on the tyre is 80PSI but the fitters recomended 70psi all round

• Like Like x 1