Rally Swaffham Shindig (formally the Thetford Bash ) (1 Viewer)

Feb 19, 2018
EAST ANGLIA
Funster No
MH
Murvi Morello
Exp
Since 1975
I know I am preaching to the already converted but, as a sign of respect (AND so we might be able to use it again next year) If anyone would like to join me to walk the PITCH area, meet up at 10.00, outside the clubhouse, your more than welcome.

I doubt if we will find anything but, it's cannot be nice, diving for a ball and hitting a peg.
Hope to see you there, the more of us, the easier it will be.

Thankyou! 🙂

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
Rita and I too would like to extend our thanks to Jaws John and his family for laying on another cracking Bash. Thanks also to Lee Fryer, Kannon Fodda, and meanders for their help and organisation from day one of the Meet too. (y)

We too are so glad that the Thetford RFC let us all down last year, forcing John to find this smashing new venue for the Bash. ;) It's an ideal location. (y)

Safe journey home everyone, and we'll see some of you at Bakewell, (with another Group ;) ), or if not, at Hereford and/or Drax. :)

Cheers for now,

Jock & Rita. :)
Sometimes things happen for a reason. Never went to Thetford but Swaffham was a great location.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
What can I say that hasn't been said, I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend and it's been a real pleasure chatting to those that I got to meet for the first time as well as those I've met before, and apologies to Jev for the squawking sounds coming from my van whilst I attempted to play my saxophone for the first time in nine years, I promise to get some practice in so I can join in with our other club musicians next time. Thank you Jaws and all the others who made this a great rally.

Sep 28, 2019
Newbury, UK
Funster No
MH
Chausson 767 GA
Exp
Since 2018
What can I say that hasn't been said, I thoroughly enjoyed this weekend and it's been a real pleasure chatting to those that I got to meet for the first time as well as those I've met before, and apologies to Jev for the squawking sounds coming from my van whilst I attempted to play my saxophone for the first time in nine years, I promise to get some practice in so I can join in with our other club musicians next time. Thank you Jaws and all the others who made this a great rally.
Didn’t get around to saying ‘goodbye’ to you Chris but we enjoyed meeting you again and hopefully we will meet again. Safe travels wherever you may go. Mike and Pauline

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ludo

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 12, 2011
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 1990
We left very early this morning due to a hospital appointment later, so a belated goodbye to all still there.

We thoroughly enjoyed the terrific weekend and thank Jaws and family for their hard work and effort in arranging the Bash. Our thanks go to the Marshalls too all of whom we rely upon so much for their guaranteed help.

We would also like to thank those that helped arranging the impromptu parties and in particular, Dave, Diane, Ray and Barbara for their generosity and hospitality.

We also met many old friends and made a number of new ones over the weekend and we were so pleased to hear Polly's great news from the hospital. We made several visits to Swaffham too, taking in the town, the market, having several beers and a Chinese all of which were very enjoyable.

All in all, we think that this event was one of the best we have ever attended.

Thank you all.

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
From our perspective it's been great. A few missing thankyou's!

All the children who have been brilliant. All the dogs for excellent behaviour. Scotties Gay and Richard for all the hidden bits of organising ad-hoc music sessions, as well as their own sets. dabhand Simon for stepping up to the mark with the auction as well as his sets.

The bar staff who we think were outstanding in their support, Eric and Brian from club who have just made things happen.

Everyone who mucked in to let things run smoothly.

Oh.. and him upstairs who John Jaws has a hotline too regarding the weather.

Our fellow marshall's Larby Kannon Fodda and Lee Fryer for doing all the work while I faffed about. The didn't even notice. :rofl:

What a successful rally ..... Again

Robin and Hilary

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Just arrived at my next stop, so I'd like to echo & ditto all the appreciation threads, thanking all those involved, literally too many to mention.
Already looking forward to next year, if I can get on the list 🤞

Kerry would also like to say thanks to everyone for all the fusses + ear tickles 🐾

toledo

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 18, 2011
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Life Member
Sorry we didn't say goodbye this morning but we're away by7.30 home by10.30.
Would like to say a big thank you to John and his family, the marshalls lee and kannon fodda, Richard and gay for the music evening, and the bar staff.
Enjoyed meeting old and new friends it was relaxing for us as we didn't have to work.
Thanks to Barbara and Diana for preparing the Saturday get together think everyone enjoyed it (I did) with the good news I receive on the Thursday before I cameg away that I wa cleared of cancer
Once again thank you to everyone who was there.

Feb 15, 2021
Harleston,Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F70
Exp
Stopped years ago, now started again
We left very early this morning due to a hospital appointment later, so a belated goodbye to all still there.

We thoroughly enjoyed the terrific weekend and thank Jaws and family for their hard work and effort in arranging the Bash. Our thanks go to the Marshalls too all of whom we rely upon so much for their guaranteed help.

We would also like to thank those that helped arranging the impromptu parties and in particular, Dave, Diane, Ray and Barbara for their generosity and hospitality.

We also met many old friends and made a number of new ones over the weekend and we were so pleased to hear Polly's great news from the hospital. We made several visits to Swaffham too, taking in the town, the market, having several beers and a Chinese all of which were very enjoyable.

Thank you all.
Sorry we didn't say goodbye this morning but we're away by7.30 home by10.30.
Would like to say a big thank you to John and his family, the marshalls lee and kannon fodda, Richard and gay for the music evening, and the bar staff.
Enjoyed meeting old and new friends it was relaxing for us as we didn't have to work.
Thanks to Barbara and Diana for preparing the Saturday get together think everyone enjoyed it (I did) with the good news I receive on the Thursday before I cameg away that I wa cleared of cancer
Once again thank you to everyone who was there.
Good news Polly, sorry we missed the weekend hopefully see you soon. Pamela & David

Feb 15, 2021
Harleston,Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail F70
Exp
Stopped years ago, now started again
Good news Polly, sorry we missed the weekend hopefully see you soon. Pamela & David

Thank you all.
Glad you had a good time sorry we couldn’t be there with you, good luck with your appointment x

lindyloot

LIFE MEMBER
May 28, 2008
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
since 2007
Thanks to all who contributed to the running of the rally , my first Bash and I’ve had a grand time , not laughed so much for ages ( at the antics atthe pedrace. Was great catching up with everyone. Thanks also to the chaps who stopped me before I drove off
, I nearly left my chair behind after driving over it🤬 I was having one of my “Linda “ moments

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back