Summer Chill out with Fishing and Boules (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi all

Sorry for not being on for a while, was away all last week either at the gas conferance and then at Americana so this is the first opportunity.

Dave & Jean - Supertractorman you have a pm. I have added you to the list so see you both there.

John - Pappajohn - I've also added you to the list.

Rory and Jan - I've taken you off the list - really gutted we won't be seeing your latest addition. Jan put her foot down eh:ROFLMAO:

I was hoping to have an update for you this lunch time but the owner is off site at the moment. However she will be ringing me back sometime today so I will come back again after that.

As Geo says, there's loads of room on the hard standing and grassed areas so more places are available. However the number of fishing pegs are limited. We have 13 listed as coming at the moment and I will try and get that amount of pegs but I think the owner may 'um and ar' a bit. Will keep you posted.

As for the boules competition, if you can bring them with you it will help please.

If we have any gazebo owners can you bring them as well please just in case rain is forecast. It's too early to say at the moment what the forecast is. Will let you know next week for sure.

That's it for now until I have spoken to the owner. I'll come back soon.:thumb:

Pammy

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Hi all

As Geo says, there's loads of room on the hard standing and grassed areas so more places are available. However the number of fishing pegs are limited. We have 13 listed as coming at the moment and I will try and get that amount of pegs but I think the owner may 'um and ar' a bit. Will keep you posted.

hi pammy and thanks for the inclusion.

loads of hardstandings eh!
if we arent overrun with RVs id like a H/S for a change( just shampoo'd me carpets)::bigsmile:

limited fishing pegs.......but..but..i just spent a fortune on new fishing tackle just for this meet:Sad:.....well £28 anyway:Blush:

if i can swing it at work i'll be there around lunchtime friday.
do i need to ring and book or just arrive and pay?

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
hi pammy and thanks for the inclusion.

loads of hardstandings eh!
if we arent overrun with RVs id like a H/S for a change( just shampoo'd me carpets)::bigsmile:

limited fishing pegs.......but..but..i just spent a fortune on new fishing tackle just for this meet:Sad:.....well £28 anyway:Blush:

if i can swing it at work i'll be there around lunchtime friday.
do i need to ring and book or just arrive and pay?

Hi John

A hardstanding area is not a problem at all. Plenty of room for everyone if they want hard standings as well.

No need to book John, everyone books through me, pays me and then I pay them.

See next thread for further information just acquired this afternoon.

Pammy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Update

Hi all

I have spoken to the site owner this afternoon who has quoted me a price of

£7 per night plus £4 for fishing per day.

She says that the main camp site is fully booked but that will be mainly by the golfers. However she does say that the fishing pegs cannot be booked in advance, you turn up, and if there's a peg available you sit at it. She says that there should not be a problem provided you are there at 9 am :Doh:

We did this meet last year and there were no problems - well I didn't hear of any, anyway.:winky:

Anyway, it would be nice to know if you intend to fish just so I can keep her informed.

She will be ringing me again tomorrow to tell me what the opening times will be for the bar and restaurant. In quiet times, the bar and restaurant close at 7pm but we are in the height of summer :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: so it will be open longer I think until 11 pm.

Anyway, Geo and myself will be getting there between 10 and 11 am - what time is everyone else anticipating. We'll make sure the motorhomefun banner is placed strategically at the entrance of the rally field on the right as you come down the driveway. You can't miss it (well you will if you arrive before we do):ROFLMAO:

If you have a set of boules can you bring them please.

If you have a gazebo that will probably be appreciated too just in case it rains.

Keep you posted with more tomorrow.

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
Hi Pammy got room for 2 late bookers ( Su & Tony ) 5er & Tranny tell Geo not forgot to collect his scrap been busy with the black stuff:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oswestry was our first rally & Su had such a good time she want's some more:RollEyes:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Hi Pammy got room for 2 late bookers ( Su & Tony ) 5er & Tranny tell Geo not forgot to collect his scrap been busy with the black stuff:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Oswestry was our first rally & Su had such a good time she want's some more:RollEyes:

Hi Su and Tony

Of course there's room for 2 late bookers - will add you to the list:thumb:

Will you want to fish?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
after being at a 1 & 1/2 hour work meeting tonight to discuss the companies future it would appear i will be working until at least 1.30pm on the friday so it may be nearer 5pm arrival now and not lunchtime as planned:Doh::cry:

but at least i still have a job:thumb::thumb::thumb:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
after being at a 1 & 1/2 hour work meeting tonight to discuss the companies future it would appear i will be working until at least 1.30pm on the friday so it may be nearer 5pm arrival now and not lunchtime as planned:Doh::cry:

Well noted John, there will still be plenty of room for you.

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
Hi Su and Tony

Of course there's room for 2 late bookers - will add you to the list:thumb:

Will you want to fish?

Thanks Pammy to save on pegs & cost of a rod I will have a go at Freds pairs fishing

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Thanks Pammy to save on pegs & cost of a rod I will have a go at Freds pairs fishing

Erm - being a thicko I don't know what you mean:cry::Doh::ROFLMAO:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Erm - being a thicko I don't know what you mean:cry::Doh::ROFLMAO:

here you are Pammy.....posted by Geo a while back.

Im such a gentleman Carpy you can share mine:winky:
no hard and fast rules on our meets if you can borrow one than it helps but generally yes if your seriously thinking about winning you will need to weigh in your catch
but you dont have to compete you still fish with those that are:thumb:
Might be a first, how about pairs fishing two rods one net:RollEyes:
Geo
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

Gaffa doesnt know if hes on his arse or his elbow...:Doh:
may still be on short time next week...he doesnt know...so it may still be lunchtime friday, but whatever...i'll be there:thumb:

took ages to figure out why Scu nthorpe is censored in the links :Doh::winky:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
took ages to figure out why Scu nthorpe is censored in the links :Doh::winky:[/QUOTE]

Now who's being a thicko :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Who's Fred:Doh::RollEyes:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

Now who's being a thicko :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Who's Fred:Doh::RollEyes:[/QUOTE]
ER!!Hello!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Doh:

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just as an after thought
and after checking the FUN rules on fishing, rule No 562 page 244 para 4 subsection 2
clearly states that the contents of keep nets/peg either by weight or number (set on the match day) shall be the deciding factor for winning the competition, a second section for the biggest single catch is also available,however any fish counted as in numbers or weight is disqualifyed from the biggest fish catagory and accordingly any fish presented for biggest single catch is disqualifyed from being counted in weight or numbers
Section 3 clearly states that if a shortage of pegs results in any 1 or more members having no peg to fish, sharing of rod and keep net is permitted:thumb:
therfore rotation of fishermen on one peg is allowed:RollEyes:
rule two states if you dont like the rules do as you like, you will anyway:winky:
Geo

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Just as an after thought
and after checking the FUN rules on fishing, rule No 562 page 244 para 4 subsection 2
clearly states that the contents of keep nets/peg either by weight or number (set on the match day) shall be the deciding factor for winning the competition, a second section for the biggest single catch is also available,however any fish counted as in numbers or weight is disqualifyed from the biggest fish catagory and accordingly any fish presented for biggest single catch is disqualifyed from being counted in weight or numbers
Section 3 clearly states that if a shortage of pegs results in any 1 or more members having no peg to fish, sharing of rod and keep net is permitted:thumb:
rule two states if you dont like the rules do as you like, you will anyway:winky:
Geo

looks like rule #2 takes priority then:thumb::ROFLMAO:

and in response to section 3......no arguing over who caught what....marker pens will be used to identify fish.:ROFLMAO:

Supertractorman

Free Member
Sep 7, 2007
Funster No
Just as an after thought
Geo

Geo,

The above looks as though it has come from the MOT Testers Manual :Sad:

Do we non fishers still have to go to the Grimsby Fish Market for you in order to have a "free" weekend?. :Cool::RollEyes:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Geo,

The above looks as though it has come from the MOT Testers Manual :Sad:

Do we non fishers still have to go to the Grimsby Fish Market for you in order to have a "free" weekend?. :Cool::RollEyes:
Dont worry already got mine:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
This weekend

Hi all

I have just been informed by the owner that the bar will be open all day until about 11pm on the Saturday. Bar meals can be ordered up to 5pm.

For Friday depending on the amount of people visiting the bar from the site, they may close at 8:30-9pm if there is a lack of interest.

See you there
Pammy

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Hi all

I have just been informed by the owner that the bar will be open all day until about 11pm on the Saturday. Bar meals can be ordered up to 5pm.

For Friday depending on the amount of people visiting the bar from the site, they may close at 8:30-9pm if there is a lack of interest.

See you there
Pammy

Pammy, I wont be interested as we are coming over to yours for a BBQ:thumb::roflmto:

OP
OP
Pammy

Pammy

Funster
Aug 3, 2007
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
AUTOTRAIL CHEYENNE
Exp
3 years
Pammy, I wont be interested as we are coming over to yours for a BBQ:thumb::roflmto:

Er, who says you are buddy??
Just for your cheek I'm gonna lock the door and pretend I'm not in:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
and then I'm gonna set the cat on to your dog:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

We are thinking of going up Thursday night by the way Paul so if you've got nothing to do (like working on Friday) then you could do the same as well.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Gaffa doesnt know if hes on his arse or his elbow...:Doh:
may still be on short time next week...he doesnt know...so it may still be lunchtime friday, but whatever...i'll be there:thumb:

the poison dwarfs but a damper on it again......be there friday tea time now :cry:as we're back on full time again.

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
sorry looks like were going to have to miss this one:cry:

have a great meet
tight lines:winky:

Mark.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Have a great time guys, just seen the weather and it says weekend will be OK:Smile:fingers XXXXX for you.:thumb:

Raoul

Free Member
Mar 5, 2008
Jarrow Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
Motorhome
Exp
since the summer of 2007
Have a great weekend ya all, sorry I will have to give this one a miss, enjoying the rain at the G.N.C.M.F @ Barnard Castle at present, hope it cheers up for the weekend.
Bye for now.

Raoul:thumb:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Sorry you guys cant make it, weather looks reasonable at the mo for the week end and fishing should be fast and furious
Linda looses the boules title by default:Doh: what a way to go:cry:
Raoul I havn't forgot I owe you for the shirt of yer back:RollEyes::thumb:
Geo

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back