Subs are going up on the 3rd August (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
How small a fraction are the sub payers? I would not mind a £1 pound a year rise and I don’t do a standing order. Think a 33% hike will chase a lot of yearly subscribers away. This the most costly website I belong to. I pay for camper contact search for sites etc and yours is the most costly and basically to communicate with members. I understand running costs but definitely think it’s getting a bit costly
It is what you get when you have a problem & can get instant answers from a large amount of people in minutes. Not hours or days like many other sites I use. When you've broken down & are on the side of the road in a foreign country the instant assistance to questions asked is both helpful & reassuring. Added to that is that many members will also go out of there way to either contact you direct or turn up & help.
20 quid is a bargain

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
Seems a lot 25% increase. 50,000 members x £20. Think I might have to move on next year. Only joined this year during a discount period. Shame because I do enjoy the site
There is no comparable site to move on to, I’ve gone for 3 years which is less than we have been paying for the last 8 years.

Holly's mum

Funster
Jan 29, 2017
nr Huntingdon, Cambs
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 175
Exp
Since 2010
That’s ok if you have the spare money to do it. Only on a basic pension. Not crying poverty but I can’t sustain 33% increases on my outgoing bills
It's £5 a year increase which is less than 42p a month. Even on basic state pension, that is not going to cause a problem.

We get you are not happy, so don't pay it. As Jim said in his first post, if you aren't happy with the increase, don't renew your subs but don't moan about it.

I love when people do their 'sums' with no knowledge of the true numbers of paying members. I am sure Jim would love to have 50,000 members each paying £20 a year but the true number of members paying their yearly subs is a mere fraction of that number and to run such a brilliant website and club as Motorhome Fun is, takes a lot of time and money, and as others have said, it is fantastic value. It's just a shame that some people can't see that & don't take into account the running costs involved.

Anyway rant over 😺

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
When you look at the amount of members and the amount that post even less the amount that do useful posts it will probably clear out a lot of the dross. No offence intended to those who are members and prefer to look rather than post.
Lenny no offence taken, I am not a big poster but log on to the site every day just to read old mos jokes😂
Just paid for three more years

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Just got curious what percentage applied annually and cumulatively would have equalled the price rise today.

It is 3.66%. But the admin of doing that every year would have been horrendous. 55p to 71p per year increase involving many, many hours of work to achieve.

However, remember you would have been paying this as you went along.

So the £15 x 8 years you paid equals £135.
If Jim had done the equivalent price rise each year you would have paid £156.55.

So Jim putting it up once after 8 years has actually saved you money over smaller increases each year :p

1627760045602.png

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
When you look at the amount of members and the amount that post even less the amount that do useful posts it will probably clear out a lot of the dross. No offence intended to those who are members and prefer to look rather than post.
Id hazzard a guess its probably the same 1000 members who post regularly ....if that .

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
That’s ok if you have the spare money to do it. Only on a basic pension. Not crying poverty but I can’t sustain 33% increases on my outgoing bills
Same here but doable living here whereas can't see how it is possible in the UK?
Even on basic state pension, that is not going to cause a problem.
In the UK it would .I've no idea how anyone can live on it.

Mar 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Since 2018
Just paid £40 for 3 years.
I’m a fairly new member who has gained valuable knowledge, financial savings and good social chat from this excellent forum.
I’m delighted to give some financial support via subs and to keep being part of MotorhomeFun :dance2:.
Keep up the excellent work Jim and your helpers and thanks for all your dedicated work. It’s very much appreciated.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I can only go on the figures supplied. When I 1st log on I see a membership of 50000 plus. Not a viewing audience. Then I can only multiply that by the subscription £20. Jim has not responded with the true figures so what am I supposed to do. Can you give me the correct figures ? As I stated a 33% increase on my bills is not sustainable in my current situation this is not a rant it is facts. If I don’t stand up for myself who will. A 33% percent increase in all my bills would force me to sell my motorhome and take away the only freedom I have. Sometimes people need to take a stance. I need gas I need electric. I need coal. I need companionship and communication. But if the 2 latter are beyond my means then they have to go. It’s ok if people can afford these luxuries
I think he did above when he said you could join the 47500 read only members.

That means roughly 2500 pay subs ...and I wouldn't be surprised at that.

I see the same names posting most of the time with the odd new name here and there ....id be surprised if there was more than 1000 members on here who are active weekly and less who are active daily .... thousands have been members for years and never commented or posted.

Edit gus-lopez typed at same time

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
I can only go on the figures supplied. When I 1st log on I see a membership of 50000 plus. Not a viewing audience. Then I can only multiply that by the subscription £20. Jim has not responded with the true figures so what am I supposed to do. Can you give me the correct figures ? As I stated a 33% increase on my bills is not sustainable in my current situation this is not a rant it is facts. If I don’t stand up for myself who will. A 33% percent increase in all my bills would force me to sell my motorhome and take away the only freedom I have. Sometimes people need to take a stance. I need gas I need electric. I need coal. I need companionship and communication. But if the 2 latter are beyond my means then they have to go. It’s ok if people can afford these luxuries
If you genuinely cant afford the extra £5 ill get this years for you 😉

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Jim has not responded with the true figures so what am I supposed to do.

I own and rent out 12 shops, and 22 Flat`s and bedsit`s... Every 3 years there is a rent increase to cover my cost`s.. and My staff wages, which is expected of by my staff...

If I were not to pass on the increases I sustain... I would soon go bankrupt..

Electric keeps going up, rates keep going up, water rates keep going up, Public liability Insurance keep going up... ETC, ETC..

At the end of the day it is a Business set up to earn a small wage...

Not doing it solely for Fun and the benefits of some...

It`s what makes the world go round...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back