Still trouble with our frdge/freezer!

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by colyboy, Jul 11, 2016.

1. colyboy

colyboy Funster

Some time ago I was on here stating I was having trouble with my fridge/freezer, mainly the freezer not freezing. Last time I was given loads of advice and it seemed to work. One of the main things was to clean the flue and jets, this I have and it's still not freezing.

My wife has just switched on the oven and the flame is very low and then we checked the gas hob and the flames seem lower than normal.

Could the problem be the regulator?

colyboy

2. Diabalo

Diabalo Funster

Only one way to find out, they are not expensive and if it's not the regulator then you will have a spare.

3. SandraL

SandraL Funster

Why not check the gas pressure, google diy manometer, just a plastic tube, water and ruler. This would make sure regulator delivers correct pressure even when all appliances are working. Quite often the bulkhead regulator will have a test point where pressure can be checked. I guess i had better add if unsure get the expert......

4. Dazzlin

Dazzlin Funster Life Member

We had the same problem with the hob - low gas flame. But it was the boiler that started it all with a red light and refusing to fire up.
    Changed regulator and Bingo! All working again.

Didn't notice any effect on the fridge though?

Good luck.

5. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

A lot of folk with refillable systems end up with various things getting bunged up.. As far as I can work out it seems to be caused by the lubricant in pump LPG ..
    I do a regular clean of both the fridge and the cooker jets.
    So far ( fingers crossed ! ) the regulator in this van has been fine, but the Miller ( fitted with one of those posh autostop units ) got badly blocked and I had to replace it ( with a proper regulator ... not a stupid autostop thing ! )

• Useful Useful x 1