Sticking down solar panels. (1 Viewer)

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I wouldn't use those plastic brackets, nearly every panel that falls of has been fixed using plastic brackets.
Far better to make or buy some aluminum brackets.
If you do use the plastic brackets you need to make sure you use the correct grade adhesive that is compatible with both surfaces both plastic & the roof material.
I would second that.
Personally if you think the adhesive is so great then you wont mind putting a few stainless steel screws through also as it will seal it from any leaking. Thats how mine have been on for over 6 years. I wouldnt trust plastic brackets and sealer.

Jun 23, 2017
UK
Funster No
MH
Overcab bed Motorhome
Exp
Since 1985
use a pair of these mounts, with Sika522

Amazon product ASIN B09K6FB5RH
I used these and am very confident in them. They have a large aluminium surface area for bonding. I rubbed them with sandpaper and scored them with a hack blade to make sure they would grip the bond. I also sanded the roof. The issue I had with the plastic ones was they would yellow over time.

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Stuck quite a few panels with plastic brackets over the years without issue. The key is not to squeeze all the adhesive out when pushing down. I use tile spacers between the bottom of the brackets and the roof. Then I leave weight on the panel overnight

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back