Sporty looking Mobilvetta K Yacht (3 Viewers)

jessthedog

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
south east
Funster No
MH
A
After trawling the internet for hours looking at different A class motorhomes, I found one on mobile.ed site that actually has a nice look, (I know looks aren't everything!)
It also has a cracking interior (from my computer anyway!) and a different layout to the rest.

Most of the A class I have found apart from the very very expensive or the 8 metre tags, all have front dinette, pull down bed over front driving seats and a rear fixed bed.

This one has the same at front, but a rear lounge with a fixed electric bed that comes down over the seating. Novel(y)
148 P.S, Auto
Automatic, on a 4250kg chassis
Brand new. All yours for 68 grand.

NO I'm not a salesman for Moblivetta:)

moblivetta.jpg
rear lounge.jpg
electric bed over lounge.jpg
dinette.jpg
kitchen.jpg

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Yet another negative comment. Why?.

Just in case he has not thought through the implications of what he is proposing to buy. It's called "help", it's what we do on FUN. One member has gone to hell and back to get a drop down bed sorted to his satisfaction but being a newbie you might not know this. He might not know this.

This is a public forum, you post, you get replies and usually in an attempt to help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Blue Knight

Free Member
Aug 7, 2017
Durham
Funster No
MH
Globecar Summit 640
Exp
Seems pretty much the norm looking at van specs. Cant answer your question about weighbridge, never been that interested. Cant answer your question about what manufacturers quote, however, I am sure there is some trade body you could take your findings to if you believe them to be that inaccurate, think you quoted 100kg

Each van will weigh a different final mass to the manufacturers quoted MIRO due to the variation in the materials being used.

Example: The Mobilveta MH-80 has a stated MIRO of 3160kg but in theory the real-life figure could be as much as 3318kg without the manufacturer breaking the EU Directive 1230/2012 on MIRO figures. This directive allows for a maximum of a +/-5% variation to be allowed in the actual weight of the van stats over and above the original quoted MIRO; in the example of the Mobilveta-80 this equates to 158kg extra mass to the standard MIRO so therefore you can't complain about 100kg.

My own van (MY17) runs at approx +3% variation or 90kg and our one previous to that (MY16) ran at the full +5%. It's a very common thing for them to be over the factory quoted MIRO hence the reason why I said that a Mobilveta MH-80 could struggle with one person and full kit at a registered MTPLM of 3.5T where the realtime MIRO was 3318kg.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The bottom line was this model is shorter in length and fits on our drive!

Yes, the huge plus of a drop down. Being new you might not have witnessed the angst of one member trying to convince the German maker, via the English dealer, of an unacceptable fault on his drop down. I recall another bed which dropped at an angle. Fine for honey-mooners but not many of those on here.

All this knowledge is on FUN though some don't welcome it.

Upvote 0

Mark Lambert

Free Member
Mar 12, 2018
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta k yacht 80
Marquis are doing a pre-show weekend on the 16-18 March whereby if you buy a Mobilveta over that period then you'll receive a free Avtex TV; a Snooper dash camera and a Bose Bluetooth speaker (total value = £1,000).

If you've just ordered your van then it may be worth revisiting your dealer to see if they will include this package as a goodwill gesture (just for this weekend though).

You'll probably want a 23" TV for primary viewing areas and a 21" for the bedroom but don't go for the really small Avtex or else you'll get squinty eyes.

That's interesting.
Thank you for this advice. I will enquire for sure.
Mark

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Seemed pretty negative to me, he wasn't even asking about payload, seems until jimiol stepped in you chose to ignore his questions and proceed to telling him he's bought a bummer. Personally i would go with the experienced staff at the motoring magazines who say he's got a damn good van.
Very sorry you feel like that but if you read my post I did not tell him anything except that I had looked at them last year and the payload was not up to much.
We here did you get that inference from.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Nice one mate. Cheers.
Just put it down to touch of jealousy myself. That's life i guess.
No not jealousy as you put it I own a Hymer Exsis and have just ordered a Hymer B678 DL and by the way I’m not bragging.(y)(y)(y)(y)
Please don’t let this get personal we are all trying to get the best value out of our vans and appreciate any advice given without making unpleasantries.

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Thanks Gus. Who does the random testing of these weights? Never seem anyone pull over a motor home and weigh it? I understand it's consequences but don't see how it can be checked?
in the UK it is Vosa Or whatever they are called now. & although you don't get huge amounts stopped I've seen a few & also got pulled myself on the road to Colchester but was fortunate he didn't have a policeman with him.:)
In the Uk you do have some leeway in that up to 5% over weight doesn't usually attract a penalty .
Unfortunately elsewhere in the EU on a bad day , 1 kg over if stopped & weighed will be trouble. & here , in some regions, the fine would bankrupt you.:(

Please stick to answering the questions asked and conversations like this wouldn't occur... and be positive..

I'm positive :)(y) that even with the upgrade by the time the diesel tank is full & the water, + the other gas bottle you won't have much to play with & that's assuming that the MIRO is not over as it is allowed t be.

Threads wander off at tangents & people are only trying to help.We have one member who started a thread when he ordered his mH last year & when it was finally delivered some 6 months later he had 60 kgs to play with. :( & it eventually got rejected.

VOSA and their foreign counterparts do checks, not on a grand scale but it does happen.
It keeps me awake at night .:(

This gives us also 498 kg which also includes driver a gas bottle half full water tank And half full gas tank.
It doesn't unless you've weighed it. & by the time you have filled the above the upgrade has vanished.
Take anything a dealer /salesman tells you as guesswork .:pinocchio: They have no idea & just quote from something the manufacturers have supplied without any idea of whether it is true. You can count on one hand how many have ever weighed a vehicle.
& no I can't help with Tv's as I don't watch it.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back