Spinney Motorhomes

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by grumps147, Mar 5, 2016.

1. grumps147

grumps147 Funster

grumps147 submitted a new link:

[​IMG]

Spinney Motorhomes
    Near Holmes Chapel, Cheshire. Short drive from M6 jcn 18. Family run business.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Keypresser

Keypresser Funster

Spinneys are great, let you test drive any of their used or demo MH's.
    Very friendly, good cafe and prices are not inflated, just realistic.
    Service/repair charges are reasonable and they have a courtesy car if you need one.

We bought our MH from Todds at Chorley.
    They had the model that we were looking for and all went smoothly.
    The only thing that i would say is check everything before you drive away, no matter how long it takes, if you find a problem they will fix it there and then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Bobby22

Bobby22 Funster

I must report that Spinneys run what i would call a totally professional dealership. From original telephone call to leaving the compound with my new motorhome was a breath of fresh air.
    I got a super trade in on my old van and no problems getting extras fitted. Only one phonecall needed to arrange pickup. Van was ready as arranged and i transferred our gear on the premises.

Some people say 'don't travel too far from home' to buy a motorhome. I had a 400 mile round trip and it was well worth it.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. scotzsue

scotzsue Funster

Can remember when Spinney was on what looked like a glorified layby. Really wanted a canterbury Sunhome, salesman told me i wouldn't like it when i saw one. For husband at that time and 5 children, they got one in as a partex and let me know, he was tight too, didn't like that some of the travel seats were next to the opening double back doors, visions of boisterous children rolling down the road. no rear seatbelts in motorhomes those days. No problem that I didn't buy and always happy and helpful when i went to view. They were my benchmark for salespeople.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Badknee

Badknee Funster

We buy a lot of accessories from them, they are at or sometimes below EBay prices in their well stocked shop.

6. Bobby22

Bobby22 Funster

"Their" accessories shop is a concession, and new owners took over on 1st sept.
    I didn't get a chance to see any prices as there was a lot of stock shifting and shelf filling. I'm sure if it is run to the same standard as the motorhome sales, it will be very competitive.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. Bobby22

Bobby22 Funster

Update....... 1st of Sept they took back the running of the shop, prices seem about right for a dealer........plus 10% discount with their members card.