Spain in March.

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by slverdreamers, Jan 7, 2012.

1. slverdreamers

slverdreamers Read Only Funster

Well its booked, after a lot of messing about, with Brittany cancelling our original booking. We have booked and paid for a crossing on 18th March.
    We have also booked the new Marjal for two months, something we are not sure of, but we have to bring the car on an A Frame, I know, dicey but because of Peters mobility we have to bring it. We thought if we have to drive separately we will, not much fun but we can't come away for 4months without transport. I think we will miss the meeting at Marjal, as it will take us a few days to travel from Santander, Pete can only do about 100 miles a day, still we have all the time in the world. Hope to catch up with some of you if you are still at Marjal. After that up to Flix to catch up with friends and then into France for June.
    Regards to all.

• Like Like x 2
  2. JJ

JJ Funster

Enjoy your trip and don't spoil it by worrying too much about the "A" frame issue... at least you have a "Plan B".

I predict a smooth and hassle free journey...

JJ :Cool:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Watch out for a big'ish Miller with brit plates, a bike trailer and a cb antenna on it
    We will be coming towards you as we are leaving Zahora on the 18th to get home.. we will proly pass each other ! :BigGrin:

4. geoff1947

geoff1947 Read Only Funster

France to Spain

where is the best place to cross from France into Spain on the Eastern side.??Through Andorra or any better crossing point

5. old-mo

old-mo Funster Extra Special Life Member

I`ve done both East & West many times and all times of the year..

Just my opinion... I prefer the West side.. Especially as the weather can be iffy still in March..

But depends on how you are getting across the channel... Ferry or Tunnel.. and where you sail from..

Dover Calais spose it makes sense cos of the extra mileage incurred to do the East side..

Most of our sailings/crossings are done from Plymouth or Portsmouth..

As said just my opinion and i go on all types of roads and dont tend to stay clear of toll roads. (I dont mind toll roads)... :thumb: