Brody

Free Member
Jul 11, 2022
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
Back motorhoming after a 6ish year break!
Hi

We are travelling down to the Alps in a few weeks and are hoping to stop off at the Spa.

Would 2-3 hours suffice for a decent visit? There would be 9 of us including 5 kids 11-17 yrs.

Any other recommendations or good place to stopover? We've never been to Germany before.

Thanks

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
We did the spa, but only the non-noodie half. 🫣

It's pretty reserved. Not many people under 60 in there.

We had a smaller PVC at the time. We wild camped at the funicular car park and took the bus into town.

OP
OP
Brody

Brody

Free Member
Jul 11, 2022
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
Didn't do the spa, but the water tasted awful !
I've read that!

We did the spa, but only the non-noodie half. 🫣

It's pretty reserved. Not many people under 60 in there.

We had a smaller PVC at the time. We wild camped at the funicular car park and took the bus into town.
Definitely not doing the noodie bit with my sis and bil and all the kids in tow 😂

Would 2 hours be enough?

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
The spa is worth a visit! It does take a few hours and you have to be prepared to be naked, but such an experience. The kids probably wouldn’t like/appreciate it.
We left the building intending to look around the town but as we walked out, we found that our legs were so relaxed we could hardly walk so got straight n the bus back. We too parked at the funicular .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Definitely not doing the noodie bit with my sis and bil and all the kids in tow 😂
I definitely couldn’t have gone in with anyone I would ever see again. No choice about the naked bit and only separated by gender on certain days.

OP
OP
Brody

Brody

Free Member
Jul 11, 2022
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
I definitely couldn’t have gone in with anyone I would ever see again. No choice about the naked bit and only separated by gender on certain days.
Just been reading about it and it says the sauna area is where you don't wear bathing suits, we'll avoid that area! Children age 7 plus can go in.

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Ditto with Guigsy - naked bit upstairs - attendant fixed us with glittering eye and said ‘ you ladies must not go upstairs you will be very frightened!’ Mainly very fat old men stamping up their , but the spa pools were utterly fabulous , loved it best on our trip.

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Just been reading about it and it says the sauna area is where you don't wear bathing suits, we'll avoid that area! Children age 7 plus can go in.

The naked area was upstairs and optional when we went in 2019.

Ditto with Guigsy - naked bit upstairs - attendant fixed us with glittering eye and said ‘ you ladies must not go upstairs you will be very frightened!’ Mainly very fat old men stamping up their , but the spa pools were utterly fabulous , loved it best on our trip.
No upstairs bit for us. You must be talking about the modern spa building (Caracalla) we went in the traditional one (Freidrichsbad)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
We have done a few spas in Germany over the years, not much point in going if you don't do the saunas that is something the Germans excel at but does mean doing the nudy bit.

OP
OP
Brody

Brody

Free Member
Jul 11, 2022
South Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Wildax Solaris XL
Exp
No upstairs bit for us. You must be talking about the modern spa building (Caracalla) we went in the traditional one (Freidrichsbad)

It is the Caracalla one that I was talking about!

We have done a few spas in Germany over the years, not much point in going if you don't do the saunas that is something the Germans excel at but does mean doing the nudy bit.

It will be a nice experience for the kids to do the thermal baths even if they don't do the saunas.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back