Nov 1, 2008
Alfaz Del Pi Spain
Funster No
MH
IH
Exp
Many
Direct quote from an FOI enquiry

The Town Council is trying to prevent motorhomes parking on the seafront to the detriment of residents and other visitors. There is a caravan/camp site in town which they could use but some choose instead to park for up to a week on the road performing their ablutions in full view of adjacent houses and tipping their waste water in the gutters. The Town Council welcomes all visitors to town but would like them to respect the town and everyone else who is here. To a large degree, however, the Town Council is helpless as Waveney District Council and Suffolk County Council are the authorities with power to take action.

Mrs J L Hursell
Clerk of the Council
email: southwold.tc@birgin.et

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Another example of a short sighted town council who are looking to ban motorhomes rather than provide proper overnight parking facilities which would benefit the town and provide income for the local traders..

I am not excusing those who park up and cause a nuisance, I have no time for that.. they get us all a bad name.. :Angry:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The Town Council is trying to prevent motorhomes parking on the seafront to the detriment of residents and other visitors.

We seem to be becoming lepers across the whole EU.

I can see *their* point of view. Even well behaved MH are big blots on the landscape and it takes only a few badly behaved ones to drag us all down.

Motorbikes have a similar problem. Most bikers are wonderful friendly people but a few tossers can spoil it for everyone.

What do *we* do ? Make a big fuss like most ethnic minorities and grudgingly get our way or tip toe round the edges of civilisation hoping not to offend ???????

Brian.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reveuse

Free Member
Jul 19, 2008
Normandy
Funster No
Exp
since 1996
the thing is, as she says, there is a caravan/camp site - i.e. geared to the wants and needs of caravans and tents - but no motorhome site. That's what wants addressing. If there was somewhere just for 'them', 'they' would go there and behave 'themselves' (I hope). Why do UK councils seem to find motorhomes such a baffling concept :RollEyes: and the more they see of us, the less they seem to understand

(I'm intrigued by these people who perform their ablutions in full public view - do they get out of the van and take their showers under the raindrops? or just get washed in the nuddie with the blinds open and the lights on?)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
(I'm intrigued by these people who perform their ablutions in full public view - do they get out of the van and take their showers under the raindrops? or just get washed in the nuddie with the blinds open and the lights on?)

Good point but maybe they were religious nuts .. :RollEyes:

Ablutions .. = washing or cleansing of the body as part of a religious rite as here:

1-MorningAblutions-Ganges.jpg

roadtraveller

Free Member
Aug 14, 2007
Kings Norton, Birmingham
Funster No
Exp
20 years plus
Another point I would like to make here is Motor Homes parked in parking bays in Hampshire. We got nabbed with a penalty ticket for overhanging a parkng bay because of our lenght, my O/H is disabled bit it mattered not a jot, we wrote to Hampshire Council, but the jobsworth there, didn't budge on the decision. It happened in Winchester, and needless to say that was the first and last time we will be there. So unless you have a short Motor Home don't go there.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back