Rally Southport Oct 2014. (6 Viewers)

Dec 30, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since Dec 2008 after 10 years caravanning
Huge thanks to Shirley Sandra Graham & Chris for organizing once again such a great meet everything was spot on well done , Also a big thank to the one and only Funsterband for a fab nights entertainment on Friday , we had a great time see you all soon (y)
Sue & Eric

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Thanks to everyone for a great weekend,, Our first time in Southport but definately will be back :)

Lovely meal on Saturday, stuffed me out...

We are still on site, just back from the £9.95 all you can eat Chinese buffet... it was "bostin"...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 8, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Eldis Majestic 115
Exp
Vans and tugs since mid 70's
lovely weekend at Southport, many thanks to Shirley Sandra Graham and Chris for your hard work ensuring this event a great success, looking forward to June already(y)
mhf DSCF3431.JPG
Chris for your hard work ensuring this event a great success, looking forward to June already(y)

Julie And Rod

Free Member
Oct 19, 2014
Lichfield
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
I'm a Newbie
Just wanted to say a big thank you to this weekends organisers, for allowing us at late notice, to join the rally. We had a great time, and thoroughly enjoyed Friday and Saturday nights events. This was our first trip out in our MH and our first ever rally, and I would also like to thank the lovely people we met, for your advice, help and assistance. You are a smashing bunch, and we look forward to joining you again in the future. We have come back with a greater understanding of how our van functions, a big shopping list of 'essential' purchases, and also a serious case of Motorhome envy

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Home, van unpacked & supper eaten. Every meal today has been several hours late, but after the excellent meal last night, that was probably just as well.

Many thanks to Shirley, Graham, Sandra and Chris for the hard work & faultless organisation. Thanks to Graham (& Barbara) for arranging a top-up charge for Jane's wheelchair.

Jane says a special thanks to Shirley for making all the arrangements to make things easy for her at the restaurant. She would also like to thank all her dancing partners of Friday night for helping her join in - she had a wonderful night & has thoroughly enjoyed her weekend. She is now completely exhausted & probably won't recover until about Tuesday, but it's a happy tired!

To everyone else - thanks for the great company as always. We keep meeting new people & everyone we meet has been friendly, welcoming & interesting to talk to. We have had a real blast over this last year & we are looking forward to what is to come.

Southport itself came as a pleasant surprise too. Well worth a return visit in it's own right. So I'd better amble over to the June 15 thread & get our names on the list.

Until next time then ....

Thanks to everyone. (y) :)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
<snip>..... and also a serious case of Motorhome envy
I dunno - I thought yours was pretty good. Short enough & narrow enough to go anywhere & park almost anywhere, yet with a lovely feeling of space inside. Felt quite claustrophobic when I went back to ours!

Lovely to meet you both - hope to see you again soon.

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
We are home safe and sound and £100 lighter after a slight shopping detour when the magic words where heard
Grandad since I have been a good girl :whistle::D

Plus I have just been informed by the boss I did a runner without paying for the bus will someone let me know what we owe and I will sort it out
Sorry:rolleyes:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Lovely weekend, thanks to Shirley and Graham and Sandra and Chris for a great rally and especially for getting us in at the last minute. Thanks to Mike, Richard and Martin for letting me play with them (again), well done the backing singers for adding a touch of glamour to the proceedings, and once again thanks to Terry for his "fixit" skills, and finally to all the "Funsters" who contributed to making the rally a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Simon and Marg

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Thanks to the organisers... another wonderful Southport meet.... all kinds of ideas for the future... a trip to the swimming baths? .. we can just watch and laught whilst having a drink or have a dip ... ten pin bowling? what a fabulous venue and fabulous organisation skills. Thank you so much.

Thank you to San for the amazing wine that she makes ... if ever prohibition comes back she will be a millionnaire ... thanks to Terry, DaveBusman,Polly, Funflair, Simon and Marg, Ken, oh dear just realised there are LOADS of you.... thank you, thank you and thank you... it isn't always easy being the only solo female traveller but you made me feel like one of the boys... :) xx

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Well we finally said goodbye to Southport this morning. What a wonderful time was had so many things to see and do. We will definitely be going again. We made our way to St Lytham St Anne's to sus out this aire for £5 a night . Very nice place, Aire busy in the day we parked on the Tiby Carvery for free whilst having a lovely turkey beef roast mmmmm. On our way home now . Till we meet again safe journey's Bill Kate. Amanda x

Choose an action...Mark as unreadDeleteDelete SelectedArchiveReport Spam or Abuse

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
Thanks to the organisers... another wonderful Southport meet.... all kinds of ideas for the future... a trip to the swimming baths? .. we can just watch and laught whilst having a drink or have a dip ... ten pin bowling? what a fabulous venue and fabulous organisation skills. Thank you so much.

Thank you to San for the amazing wine that she makes ... if ever prohibition comes back she will be a millionnaire ... thanks to Terry, DaveBusman,Polly, Funflair, Simon and Marg, Ken, oh dear just realised there are LOADS of you.... thank you, thank you and thank you... it isn't always easy being the only solo female traveller but you made me feel like one of the boys... :) xx
[/QUOTE
Definitely taking my swimming cossy next time joy. Mia had great time in the splash pool I was so envious and also so grateful to Peter nd Elaine for letting her tag along with them and Isobella.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Just got to repeat all the thanks to anyone who anything to do with getting this together, I know it didn't just happen and a lot of effort went into it but I hope all these positive comments give you something back
Thanks another great meet at Southport
Dave

Dec 10, 2013
South Staffs
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740GJ
Exp
Since 2013
Arrived back home from Southport this afternoon, just like to say thanks to the organisers for making it a great meet. Funster band on Friday were fantastic again ( thanks Simon for not singing Delilah ):whistle: and the meal on Saturday was excellent. A great bunch of funsters there, hope to meet you all again soon.
Dave and Sandra.(y)

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Arrived back home from Southport this afternoon, just like to say thanks to the organisers for making it a great meet. Funster band on Friday were fantastic again ( thanks Simon for not singing Delilah ):whistle: and the meal on Saturday was excellent. A great bunch of funsters there, hope to meet you all again soon.
Dave and Sandra.(y)
You must have missed it (Delihla) cos I did, Mike let me:moon2:

OP
OP
graham&shirley

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Thank you for all the nice comments.
Looking forward to seeing you all again in June.
Sorry I am late in answering you all but I have had Sandras wonderful flu thing:boxing:
At least I did not pass it on to my Grandchildren.

Yes Joy you can dress up again 60's 70's night on the Friday :wink:

Thanks again Shirl x

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
We three have had and still got the Southport flu thingy. Hope you are feeling better no Shirley xxx

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
If it is any consolation, we took the virus to Goth weekend too and several of us are still suffering ........ Hope Amanda soon well .. x

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
If it is any consolation, we took the virus to Goth weekend too and several of us are still suffering ........ Hope Amanda soon well .. x

Don't I know it
Saturday night goth weekend my absolute favouret weekend of the year where was I
Sober in bed by 10 pm coughing and spluttering
Instead of down town making a total clown of myself and ogling large women with floppy bits hanging out
and blind drunk till the early hours

Still I did enjoy myself

triclops

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2013
Bury
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Born again

Yes - Saturday night in bed sober at 8pm wheezing and hacking :worried: and the only wet stuff being drunk was from a cough bottle!
With the added injury of being too rough to face a Sunday morning bacon butty :frowny:

OP
OP
graham&shirley

graham&shirley

Free Member
Jul 1, 2014
Preston lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV A class
Exp
Think we will have to get our own back and think of a punishment to suit the crime.
Watch out Sandra :swear2:
I loved getting texts from her telling me she was in bed and I am having to look after an 8 & 6 year old
who kept asking me "your not going to die are you nanny :Eeek:"
Shirl

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back