Sorry, this one is about Christmas

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Casper46, Sep 23, 2016.

1. Casper46

Casper46 Funster

We are a miserable pair at Christmas as we have no family nearby, and most of our friends have their own families to entertain.
    I have wondered about going away in the MH for a few days, not too far, but maybe somewhere with a bit of entertainment. We have to be somewhere where the dog can be walked without going near a road. He turns into a quivering wreck if he sees fast moving cars, and at 31 kilos we cannot carry him.
    By not too far, we are near York, if anyone has any ideas.

2. Riverbankannie

Riverbankannie Funster

If you can find the right place you will enjoy the break from home. We had no family at home the first year that the last of our parents had passed away and, having no Motorhome, took a hotel break. It was lovely and relaxing but not entirely unsociable.
    If you don't get any suggestions, try posting again with a new title to the thread that is more specific e.g. "Suggestion wanted for Christmas break not too far from York". It might catch more eyes.
    Good luck and Merry Christmas!

3. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

We have family local and so usually can't go away for Christmas, but if I could I would like to spend a month or so in Spain. I suppose this doesn't really count as 'near to York' though.

4. vwalan

vwalan Funster

but you can go to spain . just tell family you are going . i,m sure they wont mind .

• Like Like x 1
  5. Minxy Girl

Minxy Girl Funster Life Member

I am not a fan of Christmas either, never have been, and our not having kids means we don't have to 'act' as if we like it! We've never been away for Christmas day etc but usually go afterwards, instead we stay at home and have a simple Christmas dinner and then hubby slobs out and snoozes most of the afternoon away whilst I sit and do my jigsaw puzzle with an old film on the TV ... just a nice gentle slobby day, no getting dressed up or visiting, just us relaxing (well, after he's cooked the dinner that is which he enjoys doing ... :rolleyes: ).

The 'trick' we've found is not to get bogged down by it being Christmas ... it's just another day but one where you have 'permission' to snooze if you want and just mostly do as you please, with no chores to do.

When we've gone away afterwards we've 'done' London twice, or just had a few days away locally at the coast which is usually nice and fairly quiet, but good for dog walking and just chilling.

6. Tilly Derry

Tilly Derry

We arn't christmas people either so this year are wanting to go somewhere in Scotland but would like some entertainment if anyone knows of anywhere. Is that to far for you from York ??

7. Casper46

Casper46 Funster

Going North would be a good idea, as Twinkle (MH) only knows the journey to the Channel Tunnel. I will have a trawl on the computer to see what I can find.

8. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

What about station inn up at ribbelhead viaduct for Xmas and new year
    They usually have some thing on and are definitely dog friendly
    Weather permitting

9. Marvic

Marvic Funster

Hi we and are family 6 adults have booked in MEATHORP FELL CARAVAN PARK. XMAS day lunch in woodlands htl buffet at night . Next day dinner. Lots of walks in the lakes .and all so look in at the pubs. My treat our Xmas presents to them .and no Washing up :party2::Grin: