Solo Motorhome travellers meet?

Discussion in 'Solo travellers' started by Sullew, Sep 6, 2014.

1. Sullew

Sullew Read Only Funster

I am a solo traveller and would like to meet other solo travellers on meets And rallies. What is best way to do this? I am not very competent on the use of computer websites!! Find navigating this site a nightmare. Seems to be a language I am not familiar with. Any way would welcome contact from any other lone motorhomers. Male or female. Cheers Sullew

2. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi if you book onto the Lincoln rally there will be 150 or so vans. Most of those vans will be couples or more, however at least half a dozen will be solo travellers and they do seek each other out. It really is worth giving it a go. Funsters are very friendly and you will make a lot of new friends solo or otherwise. :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. Sullew

Sullew Read Only Funster

Thanks Jim. I will look at the suggested meet. Su

4. middle east driver

middle east driver Funster

hi sullew i am a solo traveller and am going to lincoln would be great to meet you and chat as you can see my i/d is middle east driver and my name is mervyn its great being a member of the funsters :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. simply

simply Read Only Funster

Hi Sullew !
    I also travel solo, look forward to meeting you at Lincoln.
    There was also talk of a solos meet following on from Lincoln show, I don't know if that is on but I am up for it if it happens.

6. Sullew

Sullew Read Only Funster

I cannot make Lincoln. In Spain until 4th Oct. do plan to do the end of Oct weekend in Whitby. Would be good to meet up with other solo motorhomers then if anyone is there. Thanks for writing. Hope you make Whitby? Hope I have right weekend it looked like a 'goth' one! Might mean we all have to wear black! Cheers Su

7. movan

movan Funster Life Member

Hi Sullew, If you click on the word Media at the top of the page it will take you to the album page. On the left hand side under Rallies and Meets 2013 and click on Whitby Goth weekend you will see some of the marvellous outfits some of the funsters wear at these weekends. You can dress up or down, or not at all if that floats your boat, and it is a lovely weekend with Rob and Val.

8. buttons

buttons Funster

Living where you do you already have much in common with a number of members who treat your home town as their Mecca.

9. simply

simply Read Only Funster

In the absence of news of a Solo Travellers' meet I have put my name down for the Ashover Festival of Light which is the weekend following Lincoln Show and only about 50 miles west of Lincoln. Anybody else going to venture there ?

10. Clive

Clive Funster Life Member

I'll be at Lincoln as a solo but then have to go home on the Monday back to the curse of work.

11. Sullew

Sullew Read Only Funster

Thanks Movan for above info. I am will do that and hope that I can actually get a booking there. Cheers SuSu