Sold up... Let the adventures begin...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by AlwaysOnTheMove, Aug 16, 2016.

1. AlwaysOnTheMove

AlwaysOnTheMove Read Only Funster

Hello everybody,

I have been using these forums for research purposes for many months and am delighted to announce that we have now sold our house and are about to embark on a journey that may never end! Thought therefore that it was about time I signed up and said Hello....

We plan to full time for the next few years and see where it takes us.

We should complete mid to end October and are planning to head down to Tenerife for the winter months (we have friends there), ferry with a dog from Cadiz looks interesting and we will be speaking to them to clarify that situation. After that we will spend spring / summer next year in France and then Italy.

So excited I can't tell you!!

We will be using Aires and Passion France / Italy when we travel, don't plan to spend too much time on campsites and with our intended MH purchase, that might be wise.

We have settled on an Auto-Trail Arapaho after looking at so many MHs and poring over the information. It's a big one and has a large lounge area, something we felt was important if we are living in it. Also great for when the kids come and stay. They have already booked themselves in for a visit in Tenerife over Xmas :) no surprise there. A bit pricey at £50k but the dealer is local and has a good reputation, which is important to us as it's such a big purchase.

Keen to say hello to everyone and share stories and maybe even get to meet some of your at some point over the coming 12 months.

Looking at comfort for insurance and will still have a UK address, so hopefully won't be an issue.

Did I say how excited we are !!!

• Like Like x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Well that is unusual, Tenerife is not well known as a MH destination.

Exciting if it work, also exciting if it does not.

3. AlwaysOnTheMove

Yes, I have read a few threads on that... we plan to just park up and relax for a few months and friends are helping find a spot. Probably not great for travelling, we just wanted some winter sun to begin our adventure and seems the hottest place in Europe.

As you say, exciting either way. We are both laid back and take everything in our stride. Can always go somewhere else... our house will have wheels soon :Grin:

• Like Like x 2
  4. MH 55 FUN

MH 55 FUN Funster

:hiya2: & :welcome3::):)

5. Madeinengland

Madeinengland Funster

Hello :hi:
    It all sounds so exciting....good for you and good luck with your adventure.

6. Speve

Speve Funster

:hiya::WelcomeFlag:Good luck with your adventure If you've got a good un Autotrails are alright we had two before moving to an A class.

7. John Laidler

John Laidler Funster

Welcome, I know someone who spent a few months in a MH in the Canaries earlier this year. They are not a member here but I'll see what info I can find and post any links.

8. Mickx

Mickx Funster

Hey cool, we are just back from a holiday in Reefie and noticed a nice Spanish Aire in Los Cristianos - just along from the Arona Gran hotel - good luck on your travels

9. BONZO

BONZO Funster

Hi AND WELCOME . JOHN N LINDA
    keep us updated on your travels ps I love Tenerife .

10. Badknee

Badknee Funster

Hello and welcome, hope it all turns out well for you. (y)

11. Yorick

Yorick Funster

20150804_171606.jpg 20151125_123041.jpg

We're in Lanzarote and done ferry from Cadiz with dog a fair few times. Feel free to ask any questions :)

• Like Like x 2
  12. ambulancekidd

ambulancekidd Funster

Good luck in your new adventure. We too are thinking of full timing for a few years, life's too short to sit in the house wondering if we're missing a trick. We've always enjoyed our holidays in motorhome or caravan, in fact coming home from holidays with work hanging over me used to get me down. It'll be the UK for us but we both love county shows & events like the Great Dorset Steam Fair, so the time will be well used & we can always settle back down when the need arises or maybe not lol.
    Enjoy yourselves. Hazel & Robert.

13. AlwaysOnTheMove

Thanks fantastic information, I didn't think they had any campsites let alone Aires, hence our friends trying to find us somewhere to park up for winter. I will look into that right now... any other experiences, good or bad, gratefully received.

That would be really helpful, had heard it was bad but was hoping we could keep little Alfie in the MH with us rather than having him caged up with quick visits. Will send you a message if I can work out how. This was our main concern with the trip.

14. AlwaysOnTheMove

and thanks for the welcoming messages everybody, good to find some kindred spirits.

15. Yorick

Yorick Funster

I managed to sneak into my camper but not really allowed. Doggies can be walked on most of the top deck. Kennels are alright and plenty of fresh air

20151125_181115.jpg

16. denisejoe

denisejoe Funster

In order to use the PM facility you will need to sign up and pay the £15 annual fee; once done, you just start a Conversation.

Hope that helps.
    Denise

17. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Sorry for stating the obvious, well it is to the old hands, but that spot needs incoming water, outgoing dirty water and most important somewhere to dump your sewage every day or so.

If you have a solar panel or two you may live without an electricity supply though the short low winter sun does not help.

You need to find a Spanish gas bottle for cooking and heating but that should be the easy problem.

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  18. Yorick

Yorick Funster

Lots of petrol stations let me fill up with water. Empty at the public loos.

Solar will suffice as it's sunny EVERY day :)

Heating? You're having a laugh ;)

• Like Like x 1
  19. AlwaysOnTheMove

Yes, we have considered all of this. Like I said, we have friends who live there so are hoping we can rely on their generosity to help out with power and possibly water supply / black water removal. If we can get power I am sure we can improvise the others.

There are some camp sites I can now see on the Island thanks to the earlier poster, so we can always drop in every now and then if we struggle, to top up and empty out.

20. davidbaldam

davidbaldam Funster

Hi and welcome to FUN, wow that sounds like a fantastic adventure. As said above you need to subscribe to a further posts but it's worth and you'll get your money back in advise alone. (y)