Solar to ecoflow (1 Viewer)

Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I have 240w solar panel on my roof, this flows through a sun mmpt to the batteries. I have purchased a eco flow delta, I have been told that I can connect this directly to my solar panel. If I cut the wire from the solar to the mppt and add a change over switch, between the the solar and mppt, then add a cable to the ecoflow this would work, as the ecoflow has a built in mppt. Is this correct.
Thanks

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Why not charge the ecoflow from the habitation batteries via the 12v input? This would save rewiring the van, you could plug the ecoflow either all the time or just when you have charged the habitation batteries. Seems this would give you more options.

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Why not charge the ecoflow from the habitation batteries via the 12v input? This would save rewiring the van, you could plug the ecoflow either all the time or just when you have charged the habitation batteries. Seems this would give you more options.
I am also thinking that but it's possibly not as efficient as doing it directly that's all. The wiring is easy to get to.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I would have thought the hab batteries more important to be fully charged then the ecoflowā€¦šŸ¤”

Depending on what you want the ecoflow for but for the price of it you could substantially upgrade your solar system to not needing the ecoflow at allā€¦.šŸ˜Ž

Jan 16, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Rapido 854f
Exp
Since 2012
I have 240w solar panel on my roof, this flows through a sun mmpt to the batteries. I have purchased a eco flow delta, I have been told that I can connect this directly to my solar panel. If I cut the wire from the solar to the mppt and add a change over switch, between the the solar and mppt, then add a cable to the ecoflow this would work, as the ecoflow has a built in mppt. Is this correct.
Thanks
I'm planning on getting an Ecoflow to use in the new van as well as in our classic VW, but then also to use in an out building. Will only need to use an inverter in the vans very occasionally so want to avoid the need to purchase multiple inverters. When the panels are fitted and brought into the garage at the back of the van, I'm going to get them to fit a splitter cable before the MPPT controller to the habitation batteries and will use one of the EC4 cables to charge up the Ecoflow.

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I would have thought the hab batteries more important to be fully charged then the ecoflowā€¦šŸ¤”

Depending on what you want the ecoflow for but for the price of it you could substantially upgrade your solar system to not needing the ecoflow at allā€¦.šŸ˜Ž
Yes thought that as well, but to get similar 2 lithium battery's @ approx Ā£600 each plus 1.5 plus inverter and bits, would cost much more than the ecoflow. Also I can use the ecoflow away from the van. I.e at home, for the power cuts this winter.

Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
There's obviously some debate about whether you need to do this at all, but if you want to switch the panel between the MH controller and the Ecoflow, you want the losses to be as small as possible.

First you need a low-resistance connector like an Anderson plug, to make the actual connection. Then the switch needs to be as low resistance as possible. The negative can be a straight-through connection, no need for a switch. The positive could be through one of those marine-style battery changeover/isolator switches, that can take over 100 amps and have very low resistance.

And of course you'll still have the option of charging the Ecoflow from a socket on the Hab batteries if that's easier at the time.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Thanks
I think the advice generally is to keep the mppt connected to the battery as much as possible in case it forgets the voltage and starts to work at 24v. I'm ready to be corrected! In fact ours says after the first connection it stays at the same voltage unless set differently in the software but it might be worth checking your mppt manual.

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
vzac How are you finding the Ecoflow ?

Considering one for home/van use also.
Great. Using the solar panel 160 at home, and hoping to link with the van solar so won't need to take portable one in the van. Given they have just brought out the eco 2 which can be linked with others to increase capacity, I might now just go for that, as at home we need more electric. John and Mandy ( I know some of you don't like him, please don't comment on him here) but he's just bought a large 5 kw system, if I was to do what he is doing I would definitely go for that system ( depending on cost).

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I think the advice generally is to keep the mppt connected to the battery as much as possible in case it forgets the voltage and starts to work at 24v. I'm ready to be corrected! In fact ours says after the first connection it stays at the same voltage unless set differently in the software but it might be worth checking your mppt manual.
I am looking to add a cross over switch in before the vans mppt, so I can switch it to the ecoflow mppt, untill it's charged then switch it back to the van mppt. Hoping that will work, but want to talk to someone who knows what they are doing, even happy for an expert to do it for me ? Any offers or suggestions.

Justus3

Free Member
Jul 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Vivaro conversion
Also have an ecoflow and find them handy for our set up.
Why not charge it off the leisure battery direct?
I'm in the process of going it via a home made lead and an Anderson connecter wired to the battery.
That way all the power via solar is going to the battery and maybe easier than splitting the solar wiring

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Also have an ecoflow and find them handy for our set up.
Why not charge it off the leisure battery direct?
I'm in the process of going it via a home made lead and an Anderson connecter wired to the battery.
That way all the power via solar is going to the battery and maybe easier than splitting the solar wiring
Might do that, but I believe it takes longer to charge, that's all.

Justus3

Free Member
Jul 30, 2021
Funster No
MH
Vivaro conversion
Might do that, but I believe it takes longer to charge, that's all.
May well do you'd have to check your charge time based on your set up.
If you do it the direct route do it via solar input with a XT60 fitted and not via the 12 volt as it's limited to 8A.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
I have an ecoflow and charge it through a 12v connection to leisure battery. Charge rate is limited to 8A however in practice you will only rarely get much more than that from 240w of solar and wiring is much simpler.

Karmann 97

Free Member
May 26, 2021
Funster No
MH
VW Karmann Colorado
Thanks
I think if you buy the victron blue solar it has a seperate load out. Im not 100% on this but im pretty sure when your hab battery is full the seperate load out can suplly power to another source.

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
I think if you buy the victron blue solar it has a seperate load out. Im not 100% on this but im pretty sure when your hab battery is full the seperate load out can suplly power to another source.
Hi I fitted this and it works great. Thanks
Up arrow it send current to hab batteries, as it shows 100 % to eco flow, with arrow towards the van sides 100% to hab batteries. Works a treat.

1681647188050261326988745882156.jpg

OP
OP
vzac
Aug 26, 2021
Fleetwood, UK
Funster No
MH
a class Burstner
Hi I fitted this and it works great. Thanks
Up arrow it send current to have batteries, as it shows 100 % to eco flow, with arrow towards the van sides 100% to have batteries. Works a treat

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back