OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
We have a Rapido 7066F. We purchased a 130W panel from a friend last year and hope to have it installed on the roof before the Peterborough show. In the garage we have a panel marked SOLA with 2 pairs of wires terminated on this block. Does anybody know where these wires terminate in the cab.

OG1 (Martin)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Untill you give a better understanding of "Block" No, is the short answer
By block do you mean block connectors or a black box affair / controller ????
pics say a thousand words
G

OP
OP
OG1

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
Yes you are correct it is a block connector in the garage with 4 wires going under the floor. I was hoping another member has the same MH as we have.
OG1. Not sure a picture would help.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
It sounds like these are the wires going to the batteries. When a solar controller is fitted, you just need to connect it to this block instead of running the wires through the motorhome to the batteries. Check to see if there is 12V at the block or check at the battery terminals to see if there are additional wires attached, then carry out a continuity check to the block. Unless of course there is an additional break / switch along the way.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Sorry pics will be a great help because your terminology seems off base
you say panel and block connectors in the same breath as if there the same thing

block connectors
2056626-40.jpg

Panel R9054532-01.jpg

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
It sounds like these are the wires going to the batteries. When a solar controller is fitted, you just need to connect it to this block instead of running the wires through the motorhome to the batteries. Check to see if there is 12V at the block or check at the battery terminals to see if there are additional wires attached, then carry out a continuity check to the block. Unless of course there is an additional break / switch along the way.
And were does a controller fit in with that theory or is that what he's got ???????

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry pics will be a great help because your terminology seems off base
you say panel and block connectors in the same breath as if there the same thing

block connectors View attachment 141113

Panel View attachment 141114
Agreed Geo, but it sounds like the panel is actually the solar controller and the block is the termination block on the controller.
If I'm correct, one pair of wires will go to the battery and the second pair to the solar panel.
Hopefully both isolated at the other ends.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
And were does a controller fit in with that theory or is that what he's got ???????
Yes you are correct it is a block connector in the garage with 4 wires going under the floor. I was hoping another member has the same MH as we have.
OG1. Not sure a picture would help.

When a solar controller is added later on if required. No need to run the wires to the battery as they are already there. This is when pics paint a thousand words.;)

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
My rapido has a green connector block for this purpose, but I didn't use it as found it more convenient to run new wiring. The wiring provided by rapido is quite thin.

OP
OP
OG1

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Realyretired
We have 4wires on our connection terminal in the garage, but no info in all the paper work, just states it for the sola panel. I have not measured the cable to find out its current rating. I am hoping to use an oscillator trace the cable in the cab. this will have to wait until we return from holiday in the sun.

OG1(martin)

OP
OP
OG1

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
I have decided to install the 130w sola panel myself. I have found the wiring loom that runs behind 2 panels. Drivers side of the MH, in the over head lockers above the sink. Will take some pictures later and post on the forum.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
I have decided to install the 130w sola panel myself. I have found the wiring loom that runs behind 2 panels. Drivers side of the MH, in the over head lockers above the sink. Will take some pictures later and post on the forum.
I do agree with earlier comments...
A picture of the connector block/panel would have helped....
From reading I'm still not exactly sure if it's a solar controller or just a connector block..
Andy..

Abacist

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
Devon
Funster No
MH
N & B Arto 88F Tag
Exp
since 2013
Just so that you understand the problem that you have created by not giving enough information perhaps I can ask some questions?

How many leisure batteries do you have? If you have only one battery then it may be likely that one pair of cables from your block in the garage go to the habitation battery. If you have two batteries perhaps both pairs of cables go to the habitation batteries. You could test the pairs with a voltmeter to see if they show the habitation battery state of charge. If both cables go to two batteries then you need to provide the link up to meet the wiring from your solar panel brought in from the roof.

If one pair are not habitation battery then perhaps one pair is the wiring ready to connect the cable from the solar panel coming in from the roof and you need to connect your solar regulator to the block in the garage.

Are either of the pairs of cables in the garage the same colour and thickness as some of the battery cable connections at the battery. Are some of the cables the same size and thickness as what you have found behind your cupboard up near the roof?

Perhaps this is why some people ignore what is there and put in their own wiring with the right thickness so that they know what they have got and where it goes for the future in case there are any problems down the line.

It would be useful to have a photo of the block and panel in the garage then someone with the same van can say if its original Rapido wiring or the work of a previous owner who has removed some of what he had previously installed.

There are a lot of possible variables!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Same as on mine. It's just a connector. I didn't use it.
It needs a special plug which should be in the bits that came with the motor home but better to wire it properly yourself then you know how its connected in case you want to upgrade.

OP
OP
OG1

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
That what I am hoping to do some time this month. All the items have been ordered from Sunshine Sola. cable,Tracer10amp mppt, Remote meter for the mppt and fuses.

Rapido 7066f. 4 pictures of the cable wiring harness within the MH.

Attachments

• P1020720.JPG
    P1020720.JPG
    210.2 KB · Views: 32
  • P1020721.JPG
    P1020721.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 31
  • P1020722.JPG
    P1020722.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 32
  • P1020723.JPG
    P1020723.JPG
    177.7 KB · Views: 30
OP
OP
OG1

OG1

Dec 9, 2013
Sutton on Sea camping
Funster No
MH
RAPIDO 7066F
Exp
Since 2008
Hope to have it all up and running for the Peterborough show. Unfortunately will be on my own as wife will be in Florida with her 3 sisters.

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back