solar panel prices

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by lebesset, Oct 15, 2009.

1. lebesset

lebesset Read Only Funster

after years of prices that never really seemed to reduce , here in france there has been a sudden movement

one major accesories chain has reduced the price for a 75watt panel kit , precabled ,from € 700 to € 400 stated as a promotion until mid november

another has reduced of their kit , similar monocrystaline panel from €750 to €440 , this kit also includes mountings, adhesive and controller

so it looks as though the manufacturers reduced sales is leading to reduced greed :Smile:

no doubt these reductions will arrive in the UK as well , good time to buy if you are in the market for quality panels

2. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

I think your right regarding supliers greed.
    I never did understand how they can make solar panels in Europe, ship them to Morroco and then sell them at half the price they are in Europe.
    Perhaps it`s somthing to do with "What the market will stand":Wink:

3. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

is that the same as "what the mugs will pay":Doh:

4. ArenqueRojo

ArenqueRojo Read Only Funster

If you are paying more than £3 per watt you are being done. £2.50 is about the going rate for named monocrystalline in my book (2008 prices).
    Patrick

5. vwalan

vwalan Funster

up untill the pound fell last winter you could get an 80watt solar panel in morocco brand new for about 200/250 dirham at 15/16 dirham to the pound . last winter it was 11 dirham to he pound so you can work it out for your self. usually it was a eurosol panel. secondhand panels were cheaper specialy if you bought about 10 then shared them with your mates . cheap regulators for about a tenner.

6. lebesset

lebesset Read Only Funster

so about £25 now the pound is so weak alan
    did you get the registration of the lorry they fell off the back of ?

7. andyman

andyman Read Only Funster

I can buy 40 watt monocrystalline for £100 and 80 watt for £200. The quality seems to be excellent.

8. vwalan

vwalan Funster

will be interesting to see the price there this year. if you look on ebay there is cheap ones available from china. dont know the quality. there are lots places in maroc to get panels . i normally use the same lad who works from the beach at tagazoute. i knew him when he was very young and have watched his climbing of the social ladder . just like lots there ,does seem to be money to be made even there. its amazing i know one lad who used to rent deckchairs. now he rents 5 houses to tourists . all payed for in cash n hard work . its like the maroc mats or the fossils there is no conection to cost over there to selling price here. other than people pay it.