So, how strong is a Fiamma Ultrastore rear box. (1 Viewer)

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
its a lot stronger than the idiots car who backed into us a few days ago....

IMG_0639.JPG

No damage to the bottom corner of our box, but that repair is going to cost a few quid!

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
I've got one too, perhaps I should mount another on the front of the vehicle? :)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I assume you checked the back of your MH for distortion due to the force of the collision ... if the box hasn't been damaged there's a fair chance it has transmitted the force to your MH.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I assume you checked the back of your MH for distortion due to the force of the collision ... if the box hasn't been damaged there's a fair chance it has transmitted the force to your MH.

Definitely. We've had FUNsters who have hit their bike racks and punched the brackets into the MH wall.

OP
OP
Allanm

Allanm

Free Member
Jun 30, 2013
Cotes d'armor, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner Harmony TI 736 G
Exp
Since 1987
Checked everywhere inside and out and all brackets. It hasn't done a thing to the van or box, no distortion or movement.
I can imagine if the car had hit fully from behind, it could have pushed the brackets into the wall, but the box is on a substantial frame bolted through the back wall with steel plates both sides.
The car reversed into the bottom corner of the box from the side. It lifted the back of the van a bit. Mrs A said the earth moved for her, but I was only making a cup of tea at the time.

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Be very careful of the weight you put in it.
We put our pole awning in ours couple years ago and it pulled back away from van!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back