LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
Can anyone give a definitive answer as to whether snow chains must be carried or winter tyres fitted if you are travelling between Bordeaux - Irun and heading for Spain/Portugal, or is there another route close by that circumnavigate the snow routes, without sailing Portsmouth Santander please. Many thanks.

Jan 30, 2020
Mid Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
RS Endeavour
Exp
Just a tad..
Can anyone give a definitive answer as to whether snow chains must be carried or winter tyres fitted if you are travelling between Bordeaux - Irun and heading for Spain/Portugal, or is there another route close by that circumnavigate the snow routes, without sailing Portsmouth Santander please. Many thanks.

You don’t need either of them if crossing at Irun. However some of the maps showing the little ‘clear from restrictions’ section on the coastal motorway at Irun, show a coloured section, therefore required. Hence it’s a little opaque to say the least. Highly unlikely you’ll get caught out there, however I do now carry chains from this year…

Rollingwheels

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 19, 2021
Fordingbridge, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2002
I am sure you will get a definitive answer but for your convenience a set of snow socks are not bulky or heavy and will comply with any snow regulations

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I wonder how these fit within the regulations?

Screenshot_2022-12-18-17-12-04-004_com.facebook.katana.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back