Smell from electric fusebox (1 Viewer)

Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Just taken delivery of our new Bailey Autograph 745 and are away trying it out. There's a plastic odour coming from the electric fusebox, which I find quite overpowering as it's wired right underneath where I sit. It's not a fishy or burning smell, smells more like TCP (!!). If it were an old van I'd be asking for it to be checked out immediately but as the van is new, do you think it might just be the plasticky newness smell? I've a nasty suspicion that's what I'll be told if/when I take it to the dealer. I'd be interested to hear from any other owners of brand new vans if they'd come across the same - or any sparkles who've come across this before!

Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
No teaching you to suck eggs but have you had a look down there to see if anything has melted or getting hot?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Hot plastic smell from the fuse box suggests a potentially dangerous problem
You'd not ignore this at home
Don't ignore it in your MH
Get it checked by your dealer ASAP

ps. you are within your legal rights to reject faulty goods within 30 days and get a full refund - it's the law

OP
OP
South_Wales_Lady
Mar 2, 2015
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Lowline coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2000
Checked both leisure batteries, both fine. Fusebox feels a bit warm, not hot, don't know if that's normal? We're going to play it safe and turn the electric off tonight and go on gas, then hopefully get it checked out tomorrow - as it happens we're in Stowford North Devon who are Bailey dealers anyway, so hopefully they'll be able to help.

Gorse Hill

Free Member
Feb 2, 2013
Stretford
Funster No
MH
Burnster Ixeo IT 734
Exp
Checked both leisure batteries, both fine. Fusebox feels a bit warm, not hot, don't know if that's normal? We're going to play it safe and turn the electric off tonight and go on gas, then hopefully get it checked out tomorrow - as it happens we're in Stowford North Devon who are Bailey dealers anyway, so hopefully they'll be able to help.
Shouldn't be warm unless the blow air ducting/boiler within very close proximity you made the right decision to go on gas for the night and get it checked asap better to be safe than sorry probably nothing but you never know

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back