Skygo how do i get my skyq to ahow on the app (1 Viewer)

Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
I recently got a mini skyq box which gives multiroom without wires. It says I can use skygo app to connect to it. It says just tap on 'recordings' There is no such thing to tap on. It just looks the same. Anyone else done this?

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Caravanning since 1980, saw the light in 2020
On the Skygo Home Screen, bottom right of the tool bar it says recordings. Tap on that and all your recordings are there

OP
OP
gpat
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Does it work anywhere once connected?

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
As long as you have WiFi or a signal yes. Don’t know about Europe as haven’t tried it there, but does throughout uk

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
It only works when your connected to your home network not out and about.

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
Well I know that feature is not possible unless your on the same network as the SkyQ box, mine says as follows.

IMG_3583.jpeg

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
All are correct.
The app can be used two ways...
-via wifi on your home network to connect to your SkyQ box and watch recorded content from the box, so obvs this will not work when abroad
-or via wifi or data to the SkyGo "live or on demand" content and bypassing the box, but will work abroad using VPN / SmartDNS service.

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
All are correct.
The app can be used two ways...
-via wifi on your home network to connect to your SkyQ box and watch recorded content from the box, so obvs this will not work when abroad
-or via wifi or data to the SkyGo "live or on demand" content and bypassing the box, but will work abroad using VPN / SmartDNS service.

Yes, that’s how mine works but others maintain that they can watch recorded material when away from home. 🤷‍♂️

Ian

Norfolk Nige

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 4, 2021
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Wiensberg
Exp
Yes, that’s how mine works but others maintain that they can watch recorded material when away from home. 🤷‍♂️

Ian
That’s your assumption. I’m saying I can watch Skygo away from home. Which I can

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
The sequence of comments are:
On the Skygo Home Screen, bottom right of the tool bar it says recordings. Tap on that and all your recordings are there

As long as you have WiFi or a signal yes. Don’t know about Europe as haven’t tried it there, but does throughout uk

Turns out that the above response isn’t so.

Mine is working on 4g and also on the WiFi at my sons house, so it must work whilst out and about.

Ian

Forgive me for interpreting your comments literally in the context of the discussion being had. 🤷‍♂️

That’s your assumption. I’m saying I can watch Skygo away from home. Which I can

That’s what you’re saying now but it’s not what your earlier responses suggested and fundamentally changes readers’ interpretation of what you meant.

The fact is both the question in the OP and in his second response to you related to watching recorded material.👍

I appreciate that you were trying to be helpful.

Ian

OP
OP
gpat
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Yes you can watch Skygo anywhere but not the recordings unless your on the same network as the main Q box ie. Home.
I can now confirm that you are quite correct.

The Sky sales literature is a bit misleading as it says you can watch your recordins both inside and outside the home. However to achieve this you must download your recording to the tablet before you leave home.

So....some will question what's the difference then between this and SkyGo. We, seems to me you can download any recording that you have on your box and watch it whenever and wherever you want. This is not so with Skygo on it own.

Here are 2 examples

1. I downloaded an old episode of Corrie that I have on my SkyQ box and can watch it away from the home on the tablet. I couldn't use SkyGo catchup because they don't go that far back and are not available anymore
2. I downloaded yesterdays recording of the Giro stage (from Eurosport). Eurosport is not on catchup

So, all in all I am happy with it

kevenh

Free Member
Jun 1, 2019
Thatcham
Funster No
MH
Compass C-Class
Exp
I'm a Progressing Newbie
Some confusion about terms - recordings & downloads.
Here’s a SkyGo screenshot:
3847CDB8-6C67-49A7-ACFF-A53A2AA63E05.jpeg

Recordings are stored on the Main Sky Q STB so you need the tablet with the SkyGo app to be on the same WiFi as the STB to watch the content.

Downloads are what you’ve grabbed to watch directly via the Sky Go app. You can download content via home WiFi or cellular/WiFi away from home.
I’ve seen that described above but hopefully I’ve given a bit of clarity. :)

Edit: sorry, just seen the gpat follow up question,
I’ve not got multiroom anymore.
If the media is on your STB, possibly it can be transferred to the SkyGo tablet app. I’ve forgotten 🤪

OP
OP
gpat
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
Some confusion about terms - recordings & downloads.
Here’s a SkyGo screenshot:
View attachment 750370
Recordings are stored on the Main Sky Q STB so you need the tablet with the SkyGo app to be on the same WiFi as the STB to watch the content.

Downloads are what you’ve grabbed to watch directly via the Sky Go app. You can download content via home WiFi or cellular/WiFi away from home.
I’ve seen that described above but hopefully I’ve given a bit of clarity. :)

Edit: sorry, just seen the gpat follow up question,
I’ve not got multiroom anymore.
If the media is on your STB, possibly it can be transferred to the SkyGo tablet app. I’ve forgotten 🤪
Correct about the highlighted bit although you have answered it yourself

Yes you can transfer it to your tablet and watch it anywhere so long as you have the multiscreen subscription

OP
OP
gpat
Apr 19, 2019
Funster No
MH
Carado T339
Exp
5 years
A cunning plan would enable you to always be able to connect to your SkyQ box wherever in the world you are. I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back