Sky Sports on Firestick in EU (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Very specific question, very grateful for help! Currently in France.
Being something of a masochist, I really want to watch Leicester's last game tomorrow. I have signed up to Nord VPN, and can now view Sky Sports on phone. But I'd ideally like to watch it on my Avtex.
This is not smart, so I'm using a, Firestick on it, with a hot spot from my phone. I got all excited about mirroring, and was working fine until I hit play on Sky Sports. It appears that Amazon has managed to bar Sky from mirroring.
Is there a way round this? I've Googled, but feel out of my depth!

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We’ve just returned from 2 weeks in France and I watch 3Celtic games on Sky via the firestick, I think if it’s a U.K. sim then they think you’re in U.K. If that doesn’t work you can download a fee vpn to the firestick called Hola, I use this at home as Celtic tv is only available outside the U.K. on match days.

OP
OP
E
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Ta for that - so you downloaded Sky Sports to the Firestick?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 7, 2017
Sherwood Forest, Notts
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017. Before had caravan, folding camper and various tents.
I got sky go on my laptop and attached to the tv with HDMI cable.

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Ta for that - so you downloaded Sky Sports to the Firestick?
You can get apps with sky sports in them and you can get sky go on your fire stick or cast it from your phone.
I’m not tech savvy so our 25 year old daughter done it for us.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I’m not tech savvy so our 25 year old daughter done it for us.
I'd really like to know how she did this because I haven't found a method that works, any chance you could get her to pm me with how she managed it, I would be most grateful (y)

Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
You need to download Nord VPN onto the fire stick, you can add it as an app. I know because I did it last week whilst in Mexico and watched Sky Sports. Set the server as UK and it will work nicely.
Any issues then feel free to PM me 😉
Just re-read your post, if you have the NordVPN on your phone it should work. However I didn’t have the Nord VPN and still managed to watch Sky whilst hot spotting to my UK mobile. Fingers crossed for you. Other option is to connect you iPhone to your tv if you have the lightning/HDMI cable?

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I'd really like to know how she did this because I haven't found a method that works, any chance you could get her to pm me with how she managed it, I would be most grateful (y)
Without asking her there’s quite a few on google

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Without asking her there’s quite a few on google

I already have Nord VPN, and all the online instructions i have tried have never worked, that's why I asked. I was a computer programmer before I retired so am quite tech savvy :giggle:

Mar 14, 2020
Isle of Man
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2015, still learning
Only way I’ve heard of it being done is via cable from laptop. Never found an Amazon or third party app that would work. Sky uk deny mirroring. Sky New Zealand does though but never been able to figure out how I can. Would be be very keen to know. 🤞🙏

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I can watch sky on my phone and tablet, what I can't do is stream it over the firestick, I can connect my laptop to the tv and watch that way however the graphics card in the laptop is not very good so picture quality is not great. I tried connecting to NZ over vpn and seeing if I could cast from the tablet but that wouldn't work either 😕

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Have a look at the link above I used it last night in the van to mirror my phone to the firestick.
Kenny.
But did you manage to get skygo to work over the connection? I can mirror my tablet and my phone but skygo will come up with an error message when you launch it, or actually when you try and launch a channel.

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
You should be able to download sky or sky sports app onto your firestick. If there is no app then access the Web site via silk the Amazon Web browser, although this is clunky. Sky will think you are in the UK assuming you are using a UK sim and you should be able to login.
If not download Nord app to your sky firestick. Login to it. Select UK and exit to home then run sky.

OP
OP
E
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks for all the replies 🙂. The nearest I can get so far is to log into sky. Com by using Nord VPn and Silk browser on the Firestick. But in order to watch live, it asks you to download the app. Which Firestick won't do 🤔.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
Sky will not let you mirror/cast to another device and they don't have an App for a firestick as far as I know. We are thinking of moving to Sky Stream and taking box with us. I can use Sky Go on my tablet or as someone above has done you can use a laptop then log in via a Web browser and use HDMI cable to a TV.

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
I got sky go on my laptop and attached to the tv with HDMI cable.
Is this using Nord vpn? I’d be interested to know as we are off to France in a few weeks and I’d assumed we wouldn’t be able to watch sky. We use the same method as you in the U.K., I.e sky go on laptop and hdmi lead to the tv. Thanks

TOAD on Tour

Free Member
Nov 7, 2020
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
VW Grand California
Exp
Since 2020
Very specific question, very grateful for help! Currently in France.
Being something of a masochist, I really want to watch Leicester's last game tomorrow. I have signed up to Nord VPN, and can now view Sky Sports on phone. But I'd ideally like to watch it on my Avtex.
This is not smart, so I'm using a, Firestick on it, with a hot spot from my phone. I got all excited about mirroring, and was working fine until I hit play on Sky Sports. It appears that Amazon has managed to bar Sky from mirroring.
Is there a way round this? I've Googled, but feel out of my depth!
Hope you get to see the game! I’ll be rooting for Leicester (as a Forest fan), would still like to have the local derby next season…..although I think it’s a tough as today. Best of luck!

Dec 17, 2019
St Leonards, Dorset, UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu
Exp
Converted caravanner!
I gave up trying. Even bought an apple lightening to hdmi adapter plugged into my iPad to my tv and it wouldn’t allow it.
Sky are absolutely determined to prevent making it more flexible for customers who travel overseas. With their withdrawing of Sky+ app at the end of the month I think we’ll be cancelling after more than 20 years. I will get my F1 from C4 instead.

Realist

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 4, 2018
Wales last time I checked.
Funster No
MH
Caravan: Buccaneer
Exp
Caravan before 2000 / Motorhome From 2018 to 22 / Now Caravan again.
IPTV is the only way to stream full Tv without issues, not going into it in an open forum but info just PM me.

Sep 13, 2019
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Bailey 79-4T
Exp
Since 2019
I gave up trying. Even bought an apple lightening to hdmi adapter plugged into my iPad to my tv and it wouldn’t allow it.
Sky are absolutely determined to prevent making it more flexible for customers who travel overseas. With their withdrawing of Sky+ app at the end of the month I think we’ll be cancelling after more than 20 years. I will get my F1 from C4 instead.
We use Now TV on the fire stick to watch sky sports. Works well and can be watched worldwide with a good VPN service 👍
I pay £20 a month for all of Sky sports, look out for deals and when that deal come to an end cancel. You are then offered another deal before you cancel 😉 been doing this for years now. I also pay £5 for up to 3 people watching which works out nicely.

Jan 16, 2017
Hillingdon
Funster No
MH
Vantage Med
Exp
Since 2017
I gave up and now watch Sky, BT and Eurosport etc. on my IPad through Virgin Go linked to the hotspot on the phone using a UK sim. It’s the only way I have found to be simple and reliable.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
I already pay sky over £50/month for my subscription which allows me to watch F1 but not Sky sports (it's an old contract) I object to paying more money to Now tv to be able to stream it on a tv when I can't get a satellite lock, yes I can watch it on my tablet, yes I can connect my laptop to the tv and watch that way but the laptop is old and I don’t get the best of pictures from it. I've tried side loading the sky app to the firestick but can't get it to work so whilst the picture quality on the tablet is excellent but small it's the only way I can stream Sky at the moment.

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Is this using Nord vpn? I’d be interested to know as we are off to France in a few weeks and I’d assumed we wouldn’t be able to watch sky. We use the same method as you in the U.K., I.e sky go on laptop and hdmi lead to the tv. Thanks
If you're accessing the Internet via a UK sim card you shouldn't need a vpn, if you're accessing through local wifi or a European sim card you will need a vpn. I had no issues last year in France and Spain getting Skygo and BBC etc. Using a Tesco mobile sim card in my mifi without using a vpn.

Dec 7, 2017
Sherwood Forest, Notts
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2017. Before had caravan, folding camper and various tents.
No. Just connect as if in UK. Using RWG data sim in mifi.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back