Sky minibox

Discussion in 'TV & Satellite' started by Figaro, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Figaro

Figaro Funster

Hi Guys
    My 12volt sky mini box connected to oyster is not giving a signal to TV. Signal test on sky box says no signal. I checked connection and all seem OK.
    Is there any way to test box or reset (tried unplugging etc)
    I'm thinking maybe the box has died unless anyone has any other suggestions ?
    I don't have a meter but if I got one and put it on lead from dish this may confirm whether there is signal from dish ? Am I correct in that thinking ?
    Cheers
    Chris

2. tonka

tonka Funster Life Member

Depends on the type of meter.. A cheap in-line one still needs a voltage for the receiver, so that could still be fault..
    Best option, find someone with a fixed home dish and try the receiver on that, assuming you have a mains adaptor for the Pace Javelin..
    Also if you could borrow a receiver off someone you could try that on your dish..
    If you get stuck I am down at JN12, Cannock but hopefully you may have friends / family nearby with a dish to try it on..

NOTE.. One of the most common faults is simple the cable slipping inside the "F" plugs. May be worth re-doing the connections just in case...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Speve

Speve Funster

I had same problem with full size Sky box turned out that the HDMI sockets on box had stopped working I just put a scart lead on with scart to HDMI adaptor works fine now.

4. Figaro

Figaro Funster

I just have RF lead from box to TV, but that's given me an idea, I'll try scart to TV . Box too old for HDMI!
    Sitting in the rain checking connections . Going to be hell up later if no Xfactor, me and the dog got nowhere to hide.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Satandpcguy

Satandpcguy Funster

The best way to check a box is take it to someone else whose system you know is working, connect it up and watch what happens.
    If it works, then it is not the box, but your system...

The next best is buy a cheap FTA box and connect that up. If it works, then it is your sky box. if it does not work, then it is your system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1