Sitting in our new to us van! (1 Viewer)

Andy H

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
IH Tio Savanah PVC
Exp
Lol, trying to start off with a wee only rule in the van!

We had that rule, with the exception that that night time "emergencies" or daytime bad weather would be acceptable reasons to break the "no solids" rule. Surprising how often that happened.

We also had a "those the dumped in it should empty it" rule. That didn't last long either.

That's what its there for, so why not use it.

Andy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We had a no use rule in our caravan years ago but when we got our first motorhome discovered its not a problem at all and now preefer to use our own facilities even if on a site. We have a flash 10 very similar to yours and its great with the exception of a rather firm bed.

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Lovely van our previous van was a flash 510. Fabulous layout. If you don't already have it i have a cooy of the instructions for reprogramming the bed. Ours one time got so confused it went up when pressing down and visa versa. Also check you have the manual crank handle for the bed.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
R
Dec 28, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson 627GA
Exp
Thanks Spiney, think I got those instructions from a thread you were involved in a while ago!

Haven't come across a crank yet-how big is it & where was your kept? Thanks

Upvote 0
Jun 16, 2013
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hymer CL 554
Exp
Since May 2014
Its not that big ours was kept in the bag with the manuals. However i have heard that they can sometimes be stored in the bed. Not sure i would put it there as difficult to get at when needed. Definately should have one. Its the same shape at the end like a big allen key, with a plastic wheel type thing on the other end. The whole thing is about 6 inches I think.

Upvote 0

Pia

Free Member
Jan 16, 2017
staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral Supreme 680ST
Exp
wooooo....gorgeous....isn't it just wonderful being new to the MH scene...does that lovely feeling of excitement ever wear off...after 2 months it's just as keen as ever...so far so good..enjoy your travels:D We know Salop Leisure very well we go there quite a lot the shop is very good.

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
wooooo....gorgeous....isn't it just wonderful being new to the MH scene...does that lovely feeling of excitement ever wear off...after 2 months it's just as keen as ever...so far so good..enjoy your travels:D We know Salop Leisure very well we go there quite a lot the shop is very good.
We've been doing it 8 years and still get a buzz filling up the fridge and setting off whether a weekend, a week or longer!!
Enjoy!!

Upvote 0

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
What a great time of the year to collect your New Van, so many places on your Door Step to explore, the large car Park by the station at Betws-y-Coed has a dedicated Motorhome Parking, often vans stay there over night. Wherever you travel enjoy. :)

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
@Anthea M , you haven't been laying up, I pick up a Benimar 294 next Thursday, really looking forward to it, first trip next day down to Bristol to get gas fitted. Thanks for asking anyway.

Mickey.

Upvote 0

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Yay that's good news !! So the payload is good on this one?(y)
Enjoy your travels!

Upvote 0
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
@Anthea M , just a little.

Mickey.

Attachments

• 2017-03-06 20.54.19.jpg
    2017-03-06 20.54.19.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 29
Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Hi Peter,

I see you have a Chausson 610 and live not too far from me. I looked at that model numerous times but settled for a new model the Chausson 624 which I pick up in a couple of weeks.

Anyway I love the Peebles area and wondered if you had any good spots either Wild Camping or Campsites you can recommend down in that neck of the woods?

Notalot of people know that!

Upvote 0

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
A relative newbie...ex caravanner
Hi Chris. Well if the 624 is anything like the 610 you'll be well pleased with it I think. We've been to Holland and the South of France with no problems (touch wood)! A couple of sites in Peebles, Crossburn which is just off the Edinburgh Rd to the right as you're coming from that direction. I've used it in the past for the purchase of a caravan and still get bits and bobs there. The other site is Rosetta which is also quite nice I think, lots of trees etc but don't know all that much about it. Another site about seven miles further down the road in Innerleithen. Wild camping? The Manor Valley has a spot or two. Mind you a bit iffy at the moment due to all the soggy weather, ground pretty soft.

Upvote 0

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
Hi Peter,

I see you have a Chausson 610 and live not too far from me. I looked at that model numerous times but settled for a new model the Chausson 624 which I pick up in a couple of weeks.

Anyway I love the Peebles area and wondered if you had any good spots either Wild Camping or Campsites you can recommend down in that neck of the woods?
One thing I forgot to mention is the lowering of the bed. Been caught out a couple of times when I've forgotten to make sure there is nothing underneath like cushions or the table, cab seats etc. If it catches something it throws it out of kilter. Had to go back to Knowe Park the first time. Felt a right diddy!

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
We have a double transverse bed at the rear as well as a double drop down.
I don't think the drop down bed will see much action but I'll certainly be careful if and when we drop it.
Do you ever see Motorhomes park up in the car park next to the river in Peebles. I think I read somewhere that there is no overnight camping allowed but no motorhome has ever been told to move on.

One thing I forgot to mention is the lowering of the bed. Been caught out a couple of times when I've forgotten to make sure there is nothing underneath like cushions or the table, cab seats etc. If it catches something it throws it out of kilter. Had to go back to Knowe Park the first time. Felt a right diddy!

Upvote 0

Peter Sansom

Free Member
May 22, 2015
peebles
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 610
Exp
There are three of us locals that park in the car park at Greenside. We have resident permits for the year. However I have seen MH's parked overnight there, also across the bridge at the Kingsmeadows car park with no probs as far as I'm aware. Free at night, about 20p for two hours during the day, so not going to break the bank. Let's face it the occupants shop and use the pubs and cafes so to the town's benefit at the end of the day

Upvote 0
Sep 18, 2016
Bonnyrigg
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs 7057DBL
Exp
Hi Peter it was Kingsmeadows car park i was referring too. A good spot for a day out and may decide to stay overnight as long as no one complains.(y)

There are three of us locals that park in the car park at Greenside. We have resident permits for the year. However I have seen MH's parked overnight there, also across the bridge at the Kingsmeadows car park with no probs as far as I'm aware. Free at night, about 20p for two hours during the day, so not going to break the bank. Let's face it the occupants shop and use the pubs and cafes so to the town's benefit at the end of the day

Upvote 0

June mary

Free Member
Mar 15, 2017
Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2016
We were there last weekend and was on the Morris leasure site but saw the motorhomes on the car park by the train station and we were unsure if you could park there as we are newbies but now we know

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back