Sites around Ross on Wye

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by stevetracey, Feb 16, 2015.

1. stevetracey

stevetracey Read Only Funster

Been looking at sites around Ross on Wye and come across Lucksall, has anyone stayed there or know of any good dog friendly sites within walking distance of pubs etc.
    Looking at going middle of June.

Thanks
    Steve

2. JohnH

JohnH Funster

Did a campsite inspection there for a publisher. Smashing site with friendly staff. We stayed there once or twice. Sorry I was trying to add Broadmeadow and also Doward Park nearer to Monmouth, set in an old quarry and only suitable for smaller outfits.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2015
  3. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

There is a campsite in Ross on Wye never stayed there as we only live 4 miles away Lucksall is just outside Fownhope and nearer to Hereford than Ross. Heres the one in Ross;
    http://www.broadmeadow.info/

4. BobtheBass

BobtheBass Funster

Went to Lucksall in November when it was very quiet, and it was lovely. The River Wye runs down one side of the site and I caught my first Barbel which made me completely forget the rotten weather.

The C&CC club at Hereford (it's actually half way between Ledbury and Hereford) is really nice too, and has a great fishing lake (spot the theme here.....). Both sites are spotlessly clean with excellent facilities and friendly staff.