Site open all year Departement 31 (1 Viewer)

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
As a stadium warden I can't expect much of a day off if I'm staying at home. There's always someone who hasn't got his keys to open the gate.. etc...So if I want peace I have to escape my own house.

I have then looked for a place not too far, where I could have some quiet time, and came across the campsite "Le Mercier" in Calmont , around 45 kms away from my place (I'm next to Toulouse).
It is not a big campsite, but still have usual facilities, and even a small snack/restaurant place. 3 bungalows for renting, and the night with CC card is 13,70 at this period. Mind you I don't have the card and the lady decided to make me pay the same price.
As a matter of fact , the only moment they shut is....now, for a week.

When I said I had a motorhome, she said, oh OK then, just come in, park and plug in. My son should be around if anything is needed.
So here I am, on my own.... SL376435.JPG SL376437.JPG SL376438.JPG SL376440.JPG Entrance, then from my pitch the dump point right at the bottom, then campsite sign, and my pitch so you can see the pitch size. Edit: I have changed pitch , the one was on first was too shady

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Another solo FUNster. Inspiration for the rest.

PS..........

"I am warden". Now that might be the correct translation but in UK warden is usually associated with prisons. Or traffic warden. A nicer term is caretaker.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Looks a really nice site well done and blue sky's too, what sort of daytime temperatures are you experiencing at this time of the year...

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Looks a really nice site well done and blue sky's too, what sort of daytime temperatures are you experiencing at this time of the year...

It is 21° in the shade... really warm in the sun!!! I'd say 25/26°

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
After a gentle 5 minutes walk to the centre of the village, I found a pharmacy, a café and a baker. Also bus station to Mazère is right in front of the café. Here are the prices of the lunch at the café.SL376450.JPG Open market every tuesdaySL376452.JPG Café detailsSL376453.JPG Pharmacie is next to the café.... SL376455.JPG Boulangerie. When you have walked about 2 minutes from the campsite you find this sign. Note that in Nailloux is the big lake of "la Thésauque" where there is an aire , for 6 euros the night with dump and electric ... charging 2 hours I think, very good restaurant by the lake . The aire is not a vey green one, more a parking place like but open all year except July and August, they need room for the visitors cars.
SL376449.JPG

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
"I am warden". Now that might be the correct translation but in UK warden is usually associated with prisons. Or traffic warden. A nicer term is caretaker.

At a public school of my acquaintance "warden" = "headmaster" - so I can see the similarity to a prison.

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Then why a GB sticker not UK?
Unfortunately in most French mind/memories of English courses UK doesn't mean anything.
GB is more known. It is also Grande Bretagne. United Kingdom is only in English language

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Unfortunately in most French mind/memories of English courses UK doesn't mean anything.
GB is more known. It is also Grande Bretagne. United Kingdom is only in English language
You are quite right & I have the problem here occasionally when they want to put my nationality down as " Reino Unido" .Sorry I'm either British or English as UK isn't a nationality. Very hard for them to understand.

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
We're on our way to Ascou further up the N20 nearer Andorra.....coming back from Spain....

I thought the UK was Royaume-Uni or something similar...

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
We're on our way to Ascou further up the N20 nearer Andorra.....coming back from Spain....

I thought the UK was Royaume-Uni or something similar...

Yessss, Royaume Uni, so RU is not UK ... people who know nothing about english language can't get it. A bit like W (if it's what it is for Wales) ...they would never think about Wales: Pays De Galle PDG . While GB can be also translated Grande Bretagne.
Quite a few countries are easy to guess. P portugal ; F France; I Italy; BUT D Germany (Deutchland), E España , S Switzerland...

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Yessss, Royaume Uni, so RU is not UK ... people who know nothing about english language can't get it. A bit like W (if it's what it is for Wales) ...they would never think about Wales: Pays De Galle PDG . While GB can be also translated Grande Bretagne.
Quite a few countries are easy to guess. P portugal ; F France; I Italy; BUT D Germany (Deutchland), E España , S Switzerland...

If only the French would put the words in the correct order and forget about gender life would be so much easier...Kingdom United(n)

Have your traveller friends moved away, on the road from Montauban to Toulouse there were many camped on every spare piece of land!!

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The French language makes me giggle ... for example when I did my French night classes we were doing 'that', which is "cet, cette, ces" depending on gender and whether the item being referred to is singular/plural - one of the examples was "that elephant" which according to the normal 'rules' (I believe) should have been "c'elephant" as you usually drop the 'e' from 'ce' and put in an apostrophe instead ... however with this one it makes it sound funny so for whatever reason it's "cet elephant" instead ... :rolleyes:

But the one that always makes me smile is 'moins cher' as in 'less expensive' ... no word for cheaper!!! Gotta love the French!:D

Hymie

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 29, 2013
Essex
Funster No
MH
Classic Hymer B564
Exp
Since 1981
It is 21° in the shade... really warm in the sun!!! I'd say 25/26°[/

Glad you're getting a break Frankie, can you send some of that weather our way please.

We came over the 30th and there hasn't been a single dry day so far, it was freezing here yesterday and then turned to rain yet again. :-(

Haven't been able to get the bikes off the rack yet.

Hymie ]

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
After a gentle 5 minutes walk to the centre of the village, I found a pharmacy, a café and a baker. Also bus station to Mazère is right in front of the café. Here are the prices of the lunch at the café.View attachment 131230 Open market every tuesdayView attachment 131231 Café detailsView attachment 131234 Pharmacie is next to the café.... View attachment 131235 Boulangerie. When you have walked about 2 minutes from the campsite you find this sign. Note that in Nailloux is the big lake of "la Thésauque" where there is an aire , for 6 euros the night with dump and electric ... charging 2 hours I think, very good restaurant by the lake . The aire is not a vey green one, more a parking place like but open all year except July and August, they need room for the visitors cars.
View attachment 131236
Don't these photos of a normal French village set you off ready to go(y):)

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010

Wales is CYM Frankie = Cymru means Wales in Welsh apparently :p

OP
OP
yodeli
Oct 12, 2008
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
The French language makes me giggle ... for example when I did my French night classes we were doing 'that', which is "cet, cette, ces" depending on gender and whether the item being referred to is singular/plural - one of the examples was "that elephant" which according to the normal 'rules' (I believe) should have been "c'elephant" as you usually drop the 'e' from 'ce' and put in an apostrophe instead ... however with this one it makes it sound funny so for whatever reason it's "cet elephant" instead ... :rolleyes:

But the one that always makes me smile is 'moins cher' as in 'less expensive' ... no word for cheaper!!! Gotta love the French!:D

Well we all struggle for something with foreign languages!
What about roof, moon , loo and ...flood blood....etc..?
What about sword, pronounced sord... No rule, nothing to explain why this and not that!
While , ce in front of elephant, with a dropped "e" can't tell you the gender. Cet instead gives you the clue, it is not cette so it's male/masculine. The point is you have to learn the rule. When I can't find a proper explanation/rule (after having asked a few friends + Oxford Dictionnary), then I learn it as it is ...full point. I don't know if you use this expression , but in French it's called learning by heart. No rule, so learn it as it is, for ever.

Last edited:

moulin 87

Free Member
Aug 31, 2015
Limousin, France
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Espirit T7150
Exp
Well we all struggle for something with foreign languages!
What about roof, moon , loo and ...flood blood....etc..?
What about sword, pronounced sord... No rule, nothing to explain why this and not that!
While , ce in front of elephant, with a dropped "e" can't tell you the gender. Cet instead gives you the clue, it is not cette so it's male/masculine. The point is you have to learn the rule. When I can't find a proper explanation/rule (after having asked a few friends + Oxford Dictionnary), then I learn it as it is ...full point. I don't know if you use this expression , but in French it's called learning by heart. No rule, so learn it as it is, for ever.

Learning by heart is the same meaning in English,

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Just recalled that S is not Switzerland . Switzerland is C.H. Confédération Helvétique!
... and Croatia is HR ... taken from 'Hrvatska' which apparently means 'Croats'.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back