Site fees

Discussion in 'UK Touring' started by Munchie, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

I have started a new thread as the other one seems to be RV specific.

We are not full timers but very close. In the UK we use the CL/CS networks. Our current trip is six weeks in the South of England.

We expect to pay:-

No facilities:- £5/6
    Leccie:-£10/12

Sometimes the £12 ones have a toilet/shower we are not bothered as we mostly prefer to use our own.

As Marie said on the other thread we will pay more if there is no CL/CS near where we want to be.

Now the days are getting short we will always go for leccie sites as we would not cope with our solar panels and we use a fan heater and at night leave a tiny oil filled radiator on. :thumb:

2. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

Yupp agree you costing are spot on.

Worst CL I stayed on was a late booking at a BH and was a £3'er my first ever. Bruno was still alive and we had a field full of sheep and their poo everywhere T'was in the caravan. Bloody sheep rub up against the van to! TERRIBLE.

Anyway next day went round all the other CLs and one took pity on me and took a 6th van again basic and £5 but what luxury having a plain grass field.

In summer i head for non electrics as cheaper and not as busy as a rule but winter happy to pay for leccy hook up:Smile:

3. ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies Read Only Funster

I use a CL as my base when I have to crawl back to Leicestershire - it's £10, but tend to use CC or C&CC sites as they're usually cheaper for me on my own and have better facilities at this this time of year

4. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

We've been on the road 4 weeks so far this trip and our average for sites with electric is £12 and without £7 currently in Pickering North Yorkshire Moors 5 nights £55.00 including
    Sat & Sun after a short haggle:Wink: Used quite a few CL Cs sites must say standards vary from fantastic to gross all for the same price:Eeek:

• Like Like x 1