Single Person Proposing Full Time Motorhome (1 Viewer)

Cibaris

Free Member
May 21, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
unknown
Exp
new
Hi everyone. I am in my fifties, amazing how fast that took! I am single by choice, financially self sufficient though with a diminishing pot. My proposal is as follows.
I want a 2 berth van which will be less than one year old. Looking at a Fiat based chassis with a rear bed. There appears to be quite a choice. I realise that this idea has become more crowded in the EU, with many people doing the same thing.
I am proposing to let my property in West Kent, and it is a very a desirable let. The income it generates plus some savings income will give an after tax income of about 1800gbp.
I am not a fan of Spain, but considering Portugal, and or Italy, Croatia.
Are you motor homing as a single person? If so what are your experiences and is there anything particular to do or avoid?
One aspect I see little about is washing clothing. How do you solve this?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Hi there,

I have been living solo in my van(s) fulltime for nearly 30 years.

I now spend most of my time in Portugal (which I love) and the rest of my time in the South of France (with my love).

My experiences are 99.99% brilliant.

I do most of my washing in laundrettes. I just saw a nearby Intermarche (in Ansião) has installed outside washing machines... do your washing while you shop!

Is the 1800gbp monthly? If it is, you could live like a Rock Star here... (y)

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 7, 2011
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2010
:WelcomeFlag:

Lots of 2 berths about,you will get plenty of advice on here,but theywill be split between who likes British and who prefers European motorhomes.
You didn't mention France,which is perfect for Motorhomes.
And most campsites have washing machines to use for a few quid/euros!
If you prefer wildcamping it would be a good idea to have a solar panel
for when you are off grid.
Another thing to look for is the payload of any Motorhome you look at to make sure you can legally carry what you want!

Good luck with your search!:)

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
Hi and welcome to FUN, you could take a look in Quick Links, above, then in classified to have a look at some members vans for sale. :)

OP
OP
C

Cibaris

Free Member
May 21, 2016
UK
Funster No
MH
unknown
Exp
new
Thank you for your responses so far. I like the French as individuals, but not as a nation haha. Yes France would be a definite destination. Launderette, reminds of being 21 again. I would like to know what activities people pursue when not roaming. I have started a new thread for this.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have been fulltiming for 7 years solo in the UK. Currently starting a business from scratch again. Current income is around £200 a week. Living quite nicely but with some restrictions. With £1,800 a month you could live like a king.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi. i use a twintub washing machine . caravan size . look on ebay.
works off 240v powered by inverter and solar /batteries . i have 6x80wt panels and about 5-600amp of batteries . i never use campsites so ehu isnt available but can go from nov till may just on solar.
i then run a lead into the house and power things for free off the solar and inverter.
i keep a house and longterm with less than half that amount .
mind i also carry a posser and an acme wringer never know when leccy things go wrong .
you want to be able to use at least 15kg bottles ideally 19kg . have a 240v fridge . compressor type .
i say forget fiat . get rwd what ever. mind depends where you might be harding but rwd is better on tracks abroad etc . self build is best . then you know what you have and usually where to go to get spares etc .
have fun its a big world out there.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Hi thinking of going full time, my question is how do i go about getting my medication?
This is an old thread. It might be worth starting up a fresh thread and put a title in something like
Long term trip, medicine/prescription question.

You will probably get a lot more help :D

I can't help because I haven't been to the doctors in my adult life... Sorry.

PORKSTER

Free Member
Sep 15, 2009
Sussex coast
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
learning
I have been fulltiming for 7 years solo in the UK. Currently starting a business from scratch again. Current income is around £200 a week. Living quite nicely but with some restrictions. With £1,800 a month you could live like a king.

Can I be nosey and ask what your new business is please ?

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
15 years fulltiming as a singleton . I lov it ...
Re laundry .... If yre on a site with the facilities no probs ...
I stay more on CLs so have a list of laundry services who do a collection /return ... This suits me & is not that expensive ... Wash.. dry ... fold ... When arrives I just put it away . Sorted .
wherever you are just google the services .
Best of luck with your adventure...

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
:hiya2:w2f

To begin try starting a new thread in the Motorhome Chat forum part with your specific questions to get more replies and more will see your posts.
Keith

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Can I be nosey and ask what your new business is please ?
I am a Security Consultant/Server Admin/Writer/Programmer.

I am currently on a very large development project for a Canadian company which came about through my server admin work with the client which actually started out as a security job.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
Laundry for a single guy is Soooooo simple. I bought 2 months worth of clothes and hit the laundrette every 6-8 weeks. 3 large washing machines and 2 hours of time and all my laundry is done.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back