Sheepskins (1 Viewer)

Sep 19, 2016
Llyn Peninsula
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Globebus t7
Exp
Four years
Wondered if anyone had recommendations on sheepskins for front seats and what size. Are they good? Thanks in advance

Lynne

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
Thanks for help, do you know if I need single or double skin?

Thanks Lynne
Hi Lynn. ..
As Brian said there are others better qualified than me but I'm fairly sure you will need a double to cover back and seat..
I got mine during a visit made to sky skin's a few month's back so was able to try before I bought...
They are all different shapes sizes and colours. .
I'm sure someone will be along and give you a few good pointers soon...
Andy.

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
You can phone Skyeskins and give them the length of your seat and they will advise the best size. I have a large for my cab seat but you can ask for the biggest they have in the price range.

Apr 15, 2015
Whitchurch, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E-Line 50
Exp
Since May 2011
Another vote for Skye Skins.

We've got one complete skin on the back of each seat. They're long enough to reach from the bottom of the seat back and to fold over the headrest. SWMBO made an elastic harness to loop around the headrest, not that they slip that much anyway, but they did occasionally move... not anymore.

We bought another two and cut the widest bit off to fit the seat base. They just sit there with no straps and hardly move at all.

Mike

BGB

Free Member
Feb 28, 2016
GAINSBOROUGH
Funster No
MH
PANEL VAN CONVERSION
Exp
SINCE AUGUST 2015
We had very good service from a company called LAMBLAND...we needed a double yearling fleece to cover a Goldwing motorbike seat.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Many thanks Anthea. Just found Motorhome Fun . What a great resource :) Looking forward to spending many hours reading all the helpful posts !
Start a thread and introduce yourself , tell us a bit about yourself and if you join the £15 subs are well worth it for the advice , help and of course the banter! ( best £15 he's spent OH says as keeps me quiet so he can watch the football in peace!!!);)

Jan 27, 2014
mid wales
Funster No
MH
carthago chic i51.
Exp
I got ours from snug rugs and rug house
approx £40.00 I have two on cab seats
also on lounge seats I fixed elastic on front seat ones so they don't slip they make you feel
snug . Its a reasonable priced alternative to reupholstering as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sundance Old Kid

Free Member
Nov 18, 2016
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 155
Exp
since 1971
Start a thread and introduce yourself , tell us a bit about yourself and if you join the £15 subs are well worth it for the advice , help and of course the banter! ( best £15 he's spent OH says as keeps me quiet so he can watch the football in peace!!!);)

Will definitely be spending £15 and telling you all my dark secrets very soon ;)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
This is the one I bought from Amazon.

I bought it two years ago and still as good as new although the back isn't quite as white as it was when I got it.

I now turn the heating down at night and have this over me. Sleep really well.
Currently lying on top of it having a beer and watching last weeks F1.

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
Got ours from Sky Skins.

To fully cover a seat with integrated head-rests you will need one and a half skins which Sky Skins will (expertly) sew together for you. Just give them a call, they are very helpfull and will give you various options.

Excellent service and superb quality.

Spud

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
We have had our from Skye Skyns , if you phone them don't forget to mention Motorhome Fun for your discount, also stress they are to go on your seats, the quality is very good I have washes ours once, no problem :)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We got a Dunelm one and its been great, we bought their double one which sit in seats lovely. Traouble is, we want another and they don't make the same colour anymore :(

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Another vote for Skye Skins.

We've got one complete skin on the back of each seat. They're long enough to reach from the bottom of the seat back and to fold over the headrest. SWMBO made an elastic harness to loop around the headrest, not that they slip that much anyway, but they did occasionally move... not anymore.

We bought another two and cut the widest bit off to fit the seat base. They just sit there with no straps and hardly move at all.

Mike

We did the same, it means quite a saving from buying the seat covers

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
We bought two seat size sheepskins from ikea for £15 each. They fit perfectly on th cab seats , the only problem is that you have peel Laika the wonder dog off them when you want to sit down.
No problems so far with them and they stay in place .

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
Just ordered 2 from Naturug.
White, 130cm X 70 cm..
Should be here 23rd Nov.
£63 delivered, total.
We will just "trim" the sides to fit.
Mitch.

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
A question folks, am I correct in assuming that these sheepskins make the seats more comfortable? The front seats in our Hymer are by Aguti and we do find that we tend to get a little 'numb' towards the end of a 300 mile trip.

My grandson is currently in New Zealand training to be a pilot with Qatar Air and his father was pulling his leg about A380's, costing around £400 million pounds each, having sheepskin covers on the pilots seats - that makes me think there must be a good reason for them.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back