Service Spanner (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
The spanner emblem has come on as its a year now since it was serviced but I was going to wait a bit longer as I have only done 3000 miles since last one no warranty now so it's up to me am I right to wait vans running great (famous last words) back to my question anybody know how to turn the spanner off

Feb 17, 2017
Herefordshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A Bit
Sorry Sally no idea over Google although you could always tape some cardboard over your instrument panel, then not only would you not be able to see the warning light it would also make driving past speed cameras and police much more exciting.

:whistle::whistle::whistle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
If it is a Fiat it should go out after 1000km. Had the same with my 2008 3.0ltr

Apr 29, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Burstner Nexxo T740
Exp
since 2008
It should go off on its own - not sure if its time or miles that turns it off or even the number of times you start the vehicle. We had a similar issue when we bought from a dealer who said they couldnt turn it of when they serviced it and it did go off after a while. Reading on the Fiat forum they say you can take it to a Fiat dealer and they can do it (for a fee) but I am sure it will go on its own unless ours was a one off.

Edit - saw lunarmans post after I posted.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Ours never goes off on it's own, but it does tell you in the manual how to do it , don't know off hand as I haven't got it with me but it's something like holding the trip button in for about thirty seconds and switching ignition on and off, seriously that easy, and you can then set how long you want it to go before it comes on again.

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
On my car you turn the ignition key one click, turn the trip button to the left til it says 'service' then turn the ignition off. Don't know if that works for every vehicle though.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
You don't say what vehicle...
I'll cover the transit..
Turn ignition on without starting...whilst simultaneously pressing down on accelerator and brake. ..
Hold until indicator starts flashing... release ..and turn off ignition..
Wait couple minutes and check to make sure light no longer comes on... if it does repeat procedure. .
Andy.

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Ive just copied/pasted the above link by namwaldog but changed the year and make/model to 2015 Renault Master which is our van and there are lots of videos showing how to take spanner symbol/service lights off instrument panel... do the same and problem will be sorted - obviously dont put in 2015 Renaul Master :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back