Service coupon expired !! (2 Viewers)

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Is a message that flashed up on the dashboard in the week after a trip away. It stays on for a couple of seconds when the ignition is initially turned on.
Van still runs a treat, no reduced power or any other issues. I tried the throttle brake pedal trick of resetting, many times, but still no joy.
I wanted to check the cab battery electrolyte levels in the week, which requires the battery terminals to be removed to access all the cells. I was hoping that might trigger a reset, but no. O.B.D. reader " no stored codes " . Going through the dash menu on service I get a mileage reading of zero miles left before the next service, which is balderdash, as it 's currently on it's fourth lot of oil and all filters, having covered some 29900 miles, so well spoilt.
Reading on line the advice varies between, Fiat reset required as only they have the software, too, It'll go away eventually of it's own accord when it gets bored with being ignored. I wondered if any of the mechanical Fiat guru's had found a solution, other than those I had found.
P.S oil levels are fine. The mileage covered on the menu service is a couple of hundred different to the actual mileage.
T.I.A.
Mike.

Aug 13, 2022
Chesterfield, UK
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Sussex
I've had that when the garage hasn't reset the service indicator. After trying several methods on the internet, this one worked:

1. Switch ignition OFF.
2. Press and hold trip button.
3. Switch ignition ON.
4. Keep button depressed for 10 seconds. The display will now read '0' and the spanner icon will extinguish.

Good luck 👍

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BouncyBoatFolk
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
I've had that when the garage hasn't reset the service indicator. After trying several methods on the internet, this one worked:

1. Switch ignition OFF.
2. Press and hold trip button.
3. Switch ignition ON.
4. Keep button depressed for 10 seconds. The display will now read '0' and the spanner icon will extinguish.

Good luck 👍
Hi, many thanks for that, I've just tried it a couple of times, being more generous with the hold time, but still no change. I don't have the spanner icon, just the initial message. Thanks for trying though.
Mike.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Reading the interweb on this there are two different issues, service intervals and service coupons.

Intervals will be when the service is next due.

Coupons are the number of times the interval can be reset.

Internet suggests there are only 9 coupons. OK with your four oil changes you shouldn't have run out. But if the servicing garage got the interval reset procedure wrong they may have done it a few times eating up your coupons.

Once you run out of coupons the service intervals will stop working. 9 coupons seems pitifully low.

Full ECU diagnostic software, either the official Fiat stuff, or Multicuescan can apparently restore the coupons, but if that is out of sync with other servicing who knows what else the coupon reset might screw with.

I see you are local to me. If you want to drive round this weekend and play with Multicuescan send me a conversation.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BouncyBoatFolk
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Reading the interweb on this there are two different issues, service intervals and service coupons.

Intervals will be when the service is next due.

Coupons are the number of times the interval can be reset.

Internet suggests there are only 9 coupons. OK with your four oil changes you shouldn't have run out. But if the servicing garage got the interval reset procedure wrong they may have done it a few times eating up your coupons.

Once you run out of coupons the service intervals will stop working. 9 coupons seems pitifully low.

Full ECU diagnostic software, either the official Fiat stuff, or Multicuescan can apparently restore the coupons, but if that is out of sync with other servicing who knows what else the coupon reset might screw with.

I see you are local to me. If you want to drive round this weekend and play with Multicuescan send me a conversation.
Many thanks for your kind offer.
The van has never been in for a "Fiat " service as it hadn't covered the first service requisite miles when we got it [ 15k covered]. So the servicing has all been done by me, for good or bad.
Mike.

Upvote 1

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Every time you reset or tried to reset the service intervals once you did your oil changes, and that includes your attempt to now clear the coupon issue a coupon was used so you've run out.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BouncyBoatFolk
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Every time you reset or tried to reset the service intervals once you did your oil changes, and that includes your attempt to now clear the coupon issue a coupon was used so you've run out.
Ah, understood,many thanks, fubbard then.
I'm busy this weekend, but may take you up on the Multecuscan offer anon.
Mike.

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
Is this a euro 6 model?
as well as the service interval reset there is the oil condition reset that is required or after 28000 it will go into limp mode.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BouncyBoatFolk
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Is this a euro 6 model?
as well as the service interval reset there is the oil condition reset that is required or after 28000 it will go into limp mode.
Hi, yes Euro 6 pre add blue. Currently just short of 30k
Mike.

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
So a twin egr model. It will go into limp mode soon if it hasn't been reset.
here are the appropriate screens from MES
If you look at the coupon reset page you dont need to do anything you just dont get a reminder.
Screenshot (81).png
Screenshot (82).png
Screenshot (83).png
Screenshot (84).png

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BouncyBoatFolk
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
@theoneandonly ,many thanks for that, but that mostly went over my head a quite an altitude.
So, do I need to get to a Fiat dealer for an interrogation by their Multiecuscan, or as others have said on line, it just stops showing after a while?
Likely to be a tardy response today as I'm out on the water.
Regards.
Mike.

Upvote 0
Jan 27, 2018
Northampton
Funster No
MH
Rapido & Bongone
As said previously, the oil quality engine procedure will put the enginge into limp mode. The service interval/ coupons is not a big issue. This is easily solved with Multiecuscan. If @KanonFoda is not at a suitable location I'm in Northampton or Via the
£113 from Gendan will get you all you need (apart from a windows laptop) Lots of guides on fiat forum or PM me for any help.
This could well be the cost of a simple visit to Fiat pro.
if you don't have a windows laptop but have an android device PM me for an alternative.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BouncyBoatFolk
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
To bring this to a conclusion, Kannon Fodda very kindly used his software package from Gendan Automotive Products .
K.F.s knowledge, and the software package had the van reset back to "as left the factory condition ", in a couple of minutes, so all resolved thanks to Kanon Fodda.
Many thanks for all the comments and advice I received.
I'm still unclear as to why it had burned through all the service coupons as to the best off my knowledge I had only reset the service light once. I have changed the oil 4 times since I've owned the van, and it's unlikely the original owner had serviced the van at all.
Regards.
Mike.

Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2023
Funster No
MH
Ducato
Hiya
Seems I have this service coupon expired on the dash not sure if it related but seemed to come up.. I think when the airbag cpu blew up 🤔 went to start up and battery was flat then airbag light came up and sent it to crashdata who said it was fried so got a new coded one from them 🙄 fitted that and a new battery, van is 2015 on original battery 😳 and that's the warning gone but still the service coupon thing comes up, only service done has been the 5 year main one with timing belt etc at main dealer all other has been done by me mileage is 41k
I did muck about last year while in Spain trying to reset the oil warning light thing which popped up as I read up it could go into limp mode, obviously at the time I had no idea about poxy coupons so may have done it a few times😳
So I'm guessing I need to buy the mes kit now or can I just leave the warning up or will it cause problems or limp mode in the future.. Probably bang in the middle of being abroad no doubt 😂
Last one.. Clock setting not been able since replacing the head unit as soon as I picked up the van from new.. Will the mes do this also
Thanks in advance

Upvote 0
OP
OP
BouncyBoatFolk
Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Not heard of vans going into limp mode with that icon flashing up. It needs to be hooked up to a " Gendan" or similar programme to reset the coupons, I've had no problems since mine was done.
Mike.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back