Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
Does 'start a conversation' on someone's profile mean the same as sending a private message on this new version of the site? Just thought I'd check before sending a one to one message. Don't want to add it to a public forum - realise that this sounds much more exciting than it really is. ;)

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
@Mags52 PLEASE BE CAREFUL. go into INBOX and do it that way..... I sent a couple of private messages ... which are not private .. by going into someones profile but I can't remember how it happened now .. I will see if I can check it.

What I mean is 'Profile posts' are not the same thing as Inbox Conversations.. I think.

If you want to check go to my profile, click on Profile posts and see if you can see the messages sent to me this way in error .. :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
s
@Mags52 PLEASE BE CAREFUL. go into INBOX and do it that way..... I sent a couple of private messages ... which are not private .. by going into someones profile but I can't remember how it happened now .. I will see if I can check it.

What I mean is 'Profile posts' are not the same thing as Inbox Conversations.. I think.

If you want to check go to my profile, click on Profile posts and see if you can see the messages sent to me this way in error .. :)

@movan Joy , you have used the "status" in the profile , which is completly different . I have started a thread about this

Here it is :
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/pms-and-status.105542/

I have seen Runrig (Sheila) is making the same mistake .
I keep sending PMs to people giving their details there, so seen by everyone out there, but can't spend my whole day doing this !

In fact I'm a foreigner , and I don't understand why people don't get STATUS 's meaning in their own language (Mood, what you're doing ...etc...), unless of course you just answer without knowing what you're doing!

In fact I think it should be written in HUGE letters before you can even post when you subscribe. Just my thoughts...

Amicalement,

Frankie:)

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back