Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Sorry you got confused......... I emailed them to ask if they would be interested in buying our motorhome as they were advertising that they required stock, after a delay they emailed back asking what year it was I emailed back 2003, that was the last I heard from them, so put it on the net and as said, sold it privately the next day. anyway bored with this now so I'm out of here.

OP
OP
Bluestar

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Oh for gods sake, get a life.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bluestar

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Yes your right, thanks guys you just reminded me why I sold the Motorhome :)

D

deleted-member02

Deleted User
Perhaps being pedantic here....
You were trying to sell a vehicle to JCM, making them the customer - how can they deliver poor customer service?

As a potential customer, I can't see that they were rude either.
Rather that a straight 'not interested' or 'we don't buy vehicles over 10yrs old', they graciously invited you to bring it in for a valuation.
Seems very reasonable, almost generous to me...

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Naughty, naughty.

You're very welcome.

Internet forums sometimes reveal human characteristics to me that I never ever realised existed.

JJ :cool:

Oh I don't know, I knew these characteristics existed, I just try to avoid those who exhibit them. Fortunately in this case the phrase "bored with this now so I'm out of here" and the thanks being offered for reminding the OP why he sold the Motorhome may mean we won't see those characteristics here in the near future.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
I drive past Somerset Motorhome Centre every day and I know they can't get used motorhomes in to put on the forecourt quick enough, not a huge business but they sell them very quickly, might be worth a try, they're on the outskirts of Taunton

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
I drive past Somerset Motorhome Centre every day and I know they can't get used motorhomes in to put on the forecourt quick enough, not a huge business but they sell them very quickly, might be worth a try, they're on the outskirts of Taunton
Maybe of interest to others (y)
- but apparently the OP "advertised on the net & sold the next day" and he thanked the contributors on this thread for reminding him why he sold the motorhome [which seems to be at odds with the original reason for selling - but hey ho :rolleyes:].

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
Maybe of interest to others (y)
- but apparently the OP "advertised on the net & sold the next day" and he thanked the contributors on this thread for reminding him why he sold the motorhome [which seems to be at odds with the original reason for selling - but hey ho :rolleyes:].

Oops sorry all, I did my usual and didn't read all the thread!

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
Got my first one with 20k miles on private, put loads of extras on it for my benefit, PX it for my present one after 4.5 years, with nearly 50k miles on the clock, I got about 65% of the overall cost back and the only thing I removed was the efoy which I have just had fitted in my present van. I would not sell private there are to many ifs and buts about it especially when its an expensive van. I was limited on choices for a dealer to use as Oaktree Motorhomes were the only people in the UK selling what I wanted, after 12 months love it and a great decision about the van and the dealer !!

OP
OP
Bluestar

Bluestar

Free Member
Nov 3, 2014
Brighton
Funster No
MH
Class
Exp
10 years.. On and Off
Thanks for your input.
We loved the motorhome, had some great trips, we loved the shows, we met some nice people.
We thought the Service/Response from Johns Cross was very poor, they requested the year then no response, we waited then sold privately to a very happy new owner, then for Johns Cross to come back with their comments on here weeks after the event said it all, not sorry for the poor response but apparently its the customers fault.
We thought we would give some helpful feedback to members of the club
For members of the club to chip in with less than helpful comments weeks after the van had been sold and being picked up for not giving an exact chronological report on the events as they unfolded reminded us of the petty side of being in a club.

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
I think this is luck of the draw and how you advertise the package.

I went on Gumtree and the other similar freebie site, first enquirer bought the MH and I made a shed load of dosh over what the dealers offered.

Pays to be honest with the negatives and highlight the positives,= satisfied customer
GOOD LUCK

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
We thought we would give some helpful feedback to members of the club
For members of the club to chip in with less than helpful comments weeks after the van had been sold and being picked up for not giving an exact chronological report on the events as they unfolded reminded us of the petty side of being in a club.
Unfortunately we can only go by what is stated on the forum ... you first said you had NO response then it was shown that you DID get a response asking for the year, after which you confirmed (reluctantly?) that this was correct and you supplied the year but then state you did not get anything back from JC after that ... it is a bit difficult to take this as totally correct simply because of your first 'allegation' being wrong.

If you'd simply given the facts, including that you HAD received a response initially, then the comments would probably have been different ... we had no control over what YOU decided to share with us so could only go by what was posted. If you feel you were 'picked on' then that is partially caused by how you chose to 'steer' the thread in the first place ... I can assure you you were not though, people were just trying to get to the bottom of it all which, from the initial comments by you didn't give the 'full story' which eventually came out but only after questions etc were asked.

What you were initial doing was 'blasting' a very, very well respected MH dealer who is also a member of this forum, so of course people are going to want to know the whole situation to be able to judge for themselves ... if it was the other way round and a dealer was blasting you we'd also try to find out the truth ...

If you hadn't made such a damaging allegation without giving us the FULL facts then this wouldn't have happened.

Personally if I was trying to sell my MH to a dealer I'd ring them and THEN get the information confirmed in writing, you chose to do it the opposite way, which was up to you but if you'd really wanted to pursue it there was absolutely nothing wrong with you picking the phone up, or sending a follow up email to see if they had managed to check it out for you.

Mar 16, 2010
Carmarthenshire
Funster No
MH
In between
Exp
Since 1988
I for one have found @Johns_Cross_Motorhomes to be an excellent company to deal with. When our less than 12 month old Autotrail wasn't a suitable layout due to David's illness they had an older Autotrail with just the layout we needed so they took ours and paid us the difference .Andy went out of his way to assist in anyway possible. Then when we had a small warranty issue they sorted for that to be done at a local to us firm as we were 250 miles from Sussex.

Nov 8, 2014
DORSET
Funster No
MH
AutoSleeper Nuevo EK
WOW someone's got their knickers in a twist.

Lighten up, its Sunday, have another glass of wine, chill out, think of your blood pressure.

Some answer with sycophantic adoration others just try to be helpful

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Oops sorry all, I did my usual and didn't read all the thread!

No-one, I think, reads all post and then backs up and comments, it's just not efficient and anyway by the time you've read more FUN you'll surely forget the first one anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back